Hi ALL an update for all those people who are really interested in Reusing Recycling and Reducing some of our waste going to landfill sites in the uk, and the rest of the world.
And it's an update for all those people who are interested in growing things to in the uk and in the rest of the world,if it helps the poor live a better life no matter where they are.
With this in mind may I share another one of my ideas with you, which I intend to prove can work to help bring lots of different people together to set up a Community Garden.
For Example my next Community Garden Project has already started in ABBEY WOOD on the Flowers estate SE2, with finding a good place to have one at Carnation Street.
Which is an area of land where lots of people are over looking it who have no gardens, because they are living in flats, and it's also at the end of another one of the blocks too. At this moment in time it mostly get used by some of the local people to let there dogs ---- on, but I'm sure once people see what else it can be used for this should all stop.
Now comes my New (7th) project idea, which I have a lot of support for involving our local Neighbourhood Pride Team of helpers,and our Greenwich Council Services SE10 too.
My idea is to help make a Community Garden area for people to use made mostly from thrown away things such as railings,fencing, trellis, pathing slabs, bricks, sand. wood,
gravel, rocks, plants, basically anything to help keep down cost to tax payers, and so we can also afford to have what we like growing in the area, and to help the wild life too.
I also intend to have solar power lighting and collect rain water, and to offer to anyone living on the Estate the chance to have a metal or wooden bench to remember someone.
I also intend to have a wide path going from one side to another down middle to separate a green grass area with a path going around it, with some plants and things growing on the outside of it, leaving enough room for people to sit on bench's and to have some waste bins too. On the other side of the wide path I intend to have it as a dry area say with some sort of shelter, so it can be use for many different things, for example having a BBQ. I even intend to have a painted mural done by the local children and others too.
I already have some photos on my website showing my presentation day,and some bulb planting, so you will be able to keep up with the stages as we go along,as an update.
Please Note the stages of my ideas to help make our Community Garden that little bit different, which I hope you may also like to set up where you live in the future like us.
(1) First look for a site where it is big enough to use as a Community Garden, and where the local people want it to be, otherwise it's going to be a waste of time and effort.
(2) Think permanent when finished, and maintenance, and security too, and working with your local Council at all times, as I know they can help you in lots of different ways.
(3) Think of it as serving more than one purpose such as a meeting place,but most of all a place to spend some time doing abit of gardening to share with others young or old.
(4) Having some benches for people to sit on is a must, which could also be donated by the local people who wish to remember those who have past away.
(5) Having an area with a roof covering it to use for meeting under, for example to have a BBQ, it could even be raised up enought to use for storage, with wheel chair access.
(6) Having access to water, which could also be done by collecting rain water, and having some lighting in place, for example done by some solar panels.
(7) Having in place Litter Bins, and dog poo bins, and a imformation board to serve their purpose, which I hope will also be in place when finished supplied by the Council.
(8) I do intend to have lots of different roses in place to help protect the area, and to help the birds find a safe place for them to nest, and to add some more different smells.
(9) I do intend to have a rockery area, and maybe a small fish pond, and a bird feeding table I think would be good for people to use,and arch's to walk under, and raised beds.
(10) I also intend to reuse a lot of waste plastic containers to grow things in, to help show other people how my system can be used in different ways, and other waste too.
To find out more please visit my website as I have other gardening project up and running now, and I have other Gardening projects which are about to start in this year 2010.
Thank YOU for taking the time to read my message as it might help you to do somethng different in your life, and to help others, no matter where you live or what age you are.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, all the very best. John. JRP recycling. www.recycling.moonfruit.com
linked to www.technologyforthepoor.com