Calender Girls WI Calander for 2014

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Calender Girls WI Calander for 2014

I am doing a page on a calendar for my WI for charity.
It looks like arts and crafts made from recycled materials will be covering my modesty in a very artistic way. I am normally very shy and this is a step into the recycling unknown for me with a lot of support from my recycling friendly WI crowd .
Has anyone out there in ish land done any form of unusual recycling or used recycled materials for unusual things. I would be interested in any that you have tried.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Calender Girls WI Calander for 2014

When a local pub changed hands, the outgoing landlord had been a big rugby fan. He had the bar themed accordingly.He had loads of ties (neck ties) from around the world rugby tours, hanging all around the bar. The incoming landlord did not want them so they were destined for the bin.
One of the locals was going to a fancy dress party and the theme was funny foreigners. She wore a body stocking underneath and just a kipper tie across her breasts one tie around her waist and a load of ties dangling from the "belt" ("Hawaiian style) very easy to do and she was.... Miss Taiwan.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

I am impressed

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Funnily enough I was not impressed at the time.

My mate and I had spent forever collecting random feathers, which we then dyed yellow. We wore massive dome heads with enormous beaks and fat stuffed bodies ( our own scrawny skinny legs covered in dyed yellow tights) below, the footwear was.... HUGE diving flippers, cut and sewn to look like webbed feet.We could hardly walk so there was no chance we could dance and it was also difficult to eat the yummy food. Oh by the way we thought we were ever so clever when we went as ...... The Canary Islands.
I can laugh now......... :roll:
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have knitted a bag with strips of old clothes. My niece suggested adding old cassette tape to add 'sparkle' to the knit or you could knit/crochet completely with cassette tape. I have also seen a top made entirely of ring pulls - think chain mail.
I am sure with some time and imagination you could make some lovely flowers with old tetra packs. I am thinking lurid colour soft drink cartons cut into strips and made into daisy type flowers. Maybe a few bunches strategically placed?
I hope it goes well :icon_smile:

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.