Great cook book for those with livestock

By popular demand - The book review section.
Cheezy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Great cook book for those with livestock

Nose to Tail Eating: A Kind of British Cooking by Fergus Henderson and Anthony Bourdain

I've just got this book for my birthday, mainly because I've always wanted to go to St John's restaurant near Smithfields meat market in London, but never had the time.

I had no idea what the contents would be like, but it's a fantastic book. Really well written, humourous, but economical no blethering tyrades. No pictures at all of the food, it's all done with words. Each recipe is short and concise. And Fergus's personna comes through.
That said it's not one for the squeemish, but thats the point. If you've gone to the trouble of rearing your own animals, then you should do them the service of not wasting a single bit. MOH has already made it clear the cold lambs brains on toast is definitely out of the question.
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

mybarnconversion
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've got agree with you on that book ... well written and intelligent - a nice change in the world of cookery books.