What are we all having for dinner?

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
phil55494
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: What are we all having for dinner?

Meat stew made from stuff found in the bottot of the freezer. Pheasant, home made bacon, beef? lamb? mutton? Some sort of red meat it was. Cooked up in a mix of home made duck stock and Old Peculier. Served up with 3 root mash and a bottle of rioja :-)
There is some left to make up a meal later in the week as well.

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We are out for dinner today and as I have seen the menu in advance I can say I will be having:

Haggis stack (layered with black pudding and bacon)
Chestnut and apple soup (new one on me)!
Roast beef with roast tatties and loads of veggies
Clootie dumpling and ice cream!

The OH will have to roll me home :wink:

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

I am also out for lunch today and will be having:

SPICED SWEET POTATO & BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
with crème fraîche and ciabatta

TRADITIONAL ROAST TURKEY
with an apricot and chestnut stuffing, bacon wrapped chipolatas and a cranberry gravy

LEMON & ORANGE TART
with clotted cream
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

We are invited to a friends for dinner - so I'm not sure what we'll be eating, but i'm sure that what ever it is will compliment lots of wine perfectly! :wink: :lol:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

May be shot for this lol but I am eating my way through cupboard stocks etc to use up non organic and food I shouldn't really have anymore.

This evenings meal was Swedish IKEA meatballs with the Mushroom sauce (non organic stuff) and home grown Mashed Spuds - I couldn't eat as much I cooked off - 15 balls with the 20 odd I cooked off to empty the bag - cat had the remains of the sauce and meatballs but licked all the sauce away - hummm think that says something about them meatballs?

Birds got the following today - remains of the toast to finish off the old loaf I made, and rest of the ginger cake thingys from LIDL that I've taken a turn for a worse with (broke out in Hives the other day)

Still come jan 1st it will be the new start on the eating front here in this house..I will go fully 100% organic (Veggies will all be home grown down the allotment to stop excessive plastic coming into this house) and more healthy too as I would like to be bit slimmer come summer (about 4st I think lol)

bonniethomas06

We are on a bit of a pre-xmas eating regime, where I try not to eat too much meat and just have plain food so that we are ready for the rich stuff to come!
Last night we had a raclette - (if you haven't heard of this you have to investigate, it is a fantastic gadget that sits on your tabletop and you cook food on it as you go). So basically it was just pickles, cheese (but mild stuff like edam not xmas cheese), boiled potatoes and sliced onions and veg. Mmmmmm

Tonight I will have something simple like pesto pasta with an egg on top - tomorrow soup I suspect...all nice easy on the stomach stuff and NO BOOZE!

I quite like eating simply sometimes.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Millymollymandy

Just don't buy raclette cheese Bonnie if such a thing exists in the UK. I bought some and had to give it to the wild birds, it makes my mum's stinky Camembert smell like roses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have been eating salad for 3 nights so far and also tonight (with something else obviously) because I know that soon I will be eating enormous amounts of sweet calorie laden naughty goodies. Can't wait! :mrgreen:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I am not as virtuous as you guys! Tonight we are on roast beef, roast tatties, carrots and sprouts. The excess beef will be made into sandwiches for tomorrow's lunch with some strong mustard for my OH whilst I am on the mainland doing the last of the Christmas shopping!

Milims

Roast Beef, Yorkshire pudding, roat tatties, carrots, neep, sweet corn, peas, brussels, roast parsnip. How can I so precise? Because I started it yesterday just before we had a power cut!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

We were meant to have a party on Saturday which got cancelled because of the snow. After 4 "meals" of party food we've wanted something plain plus we haven't ventured to the shops in the snow so been using up odds and ends. Last night we had a casserole of parsnips, carrots, potatoes, lentils and onion cooked in veg stock with a massive spoonful of grainy mustard thrown in which was delish. Tonight I roasted a load of tomatoes with some garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and then blitzed it with a stick blender and had with spagetti which was also delish!

Friends coming over tomorrow so might have to brave the snow and go shopping as we've eaten all the fresh stuff now!

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We finished the Christmas dinner last night (an Aldi thee bird roast that gave the two of us three lunches and three dinners each with plenty for the animals too)!

Comfort food in order tonight as it is so grey and miserable outside so goulash is in the slow cooker to serve with rice this evening! :cheers:

Millymollymandy

Turkey and Xmas pudding......Day 5. :lol:

Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

oh goodness millymollymandy, must have been a HUGE bird if its day 5!

tonight I am alone and make myself a vegetarian shepherds pie: puree, leek, tomato sauce, soy, thyme, red wine.
tres simple! and cheap. only had to get the leek.

Millymollymandy

No, only a 2.5kg bird. We normally manage 3-4 dinners from a 1.5kg chicken plus enough left over for sandwiches so 5 days of meals from 2.5kg turkey plus enough for sandwiches for my hubby for a couple of days as well is pretty good. It is mostly all disguised in pie form now though!!!

red

turkey and ham and leek pie :santa:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog