raddish crisps

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
MEL78
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

raddish crisps

at last found something to do with my abbundance of raddishes.......sliced thin steamed for a couple of mins and then dipped in a spice mixture...garlic chili or whatever and then roasted in the over 15 mins each side until crisp.....will have to alter my chili portions for next time though but worth another try

MeganW
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: raddish crisps

I'm definitely going to give this a try! I was wondering what to do with mine...

MEL78
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

if yuou google raddish receipies there are a couple of could pages with ideas

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

they sound delightful! Have you tried doing the same to kale? It's just too good!
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Cassiepod
Living the good life
Living the good life

this sounds yummy for both radish and kale. what sort of oven temperature are you using? I've tried this sort of thing before and ended up wtih charred remnants!

greenishfingers
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm going to try this too,I always grow radishes but not that keen on them after a couple of weeks. Would love to try to make beetroot crisps too this year,any1 got a good recipe?
For us to lose contact with the soil results in real unease and maladjustment...to recapture it affords profound joy and inward comfort. Sam Ogden

battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

beetroot crisps...oooh, me too please! I am not keen on it pickled although OH loves it. The little ones are fantastic at the moment but as they get bigger, any other way of using them is welcomed. Made bortsch one year, ended up with a pink kitchen, OH loved it and I thought it ok but a lot of effort! Crisps sound far more my thing!
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

MEL78
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hi I just had them on 180 I think but tried again today and really must get my chili portions sorted out.....will try again this week sometime they were lovely again but again too hot...said in the recipie they were an ideal to go with a curry as a side dish/extra