101 uses for plastozote foam offcuts

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
aeab
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: 101 uses for plastozote foam offcuts

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:09 am

If you find a local modelling shop or your local Games Workshop (google warhammer) and ask to put a leaflet saying you have this free foam for collection. The games workshop guys would most probably take a whole batch for their own modelling and transportation. Also try your local craft shop - for them it is free money. It should be gone in no time.

You could also put an advert in your free local paper/freecycle advertising the offcuts - you don't need to mention size. This might bring more business in. Put in something like - Free foam offcuts suitable for terrain making, card crafting, etc. (You could put a weblink too)

Also you could fill bean bags with it, do card crafting with it.

If I was closer to your premises I would love it - free foam for my warhammer and my card crafting.

Hope this helps.

Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: 101 uses for plastozote foam offcuts

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:34 am

One of my pupils made a pair of flip flops with a piece of old car mat and some foamy stuff. You could try this, for one foot get two pieces then inbetween them fix the toe bits.

Return to “101 Uses For”