101 use for odd beads

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
penny
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

101 use for odd beads

* left over pearl beads l sew on to the centre of panel of my plain white bras (design bras cost a fortune)
*odd left over/recycled crystal beads l sew on to a 'freebie' black summer sarong that l got from a ladies mag 3 yrs ago.l just add & sew any on each yr.
* lm making a table cloth and cushion covers (from a white charity shop sheet) for my garden table which will be edges with diff odd beads, to decorate and to weigh it down on the table,like the old fashion beaded milk jug covers.

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: 101 use for odd beads

Christmas decorations (oh dear, seems to be my stock answer to anything at the moment)
Wooden ones with large holes can be hung on light pulls
Earrings
String onto wire and make tie backs
Wire up with some old cds to make garden mobiles
Wire into flower arrangements

Cheers
Zoe

Lillia
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hanging from the bottom of lampshades is very pretty~ :flower:

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

i made little men out of mine and hanged them in the garden looks great when the sun hits them
Darn that Wabbit

bonniethomas06

A neighbour of mine has crystal beads hanging on fishing wire in strings just inside her window. It is so pretty when the sun hits them - though they look more like chandelier drops than beads, guess beads would work.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

I saw that idea when in the isle of wright, looked really pretty, was in a lovely seaside village and the beads looked beautiful. Recently necklaces are often really asemectric so go for very random necklaces, experimenting with size and colour clashes!! (I used to make a lot of jewellery!!) really good for present boxes - does anyone else do this- a box of nice stuff/ made things/ second hand/sale stuff waiting for b'days and xmas/!

contadina

I shall be using some with broken tiles and various other bits and bobs to make a mosaic in the near future.

littlemissrose
Tom Good
Tom Good

To replace the thing with which you pull the zipper of your coat. Sorry don't know the name or a way to describe it better :oops:
My blog: https://thelifeofalittlerose.wordpress.com
My dutch blog: https://hetlevenvaneenroosje.wordpress.com has the same content bu is updated sooner.