101 things we can do without

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I thought you were talking about crocodiles. :shock:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I bought a pair (of the cheap imitation ones). When I went out in the garden wearing them, I stood on a thorn and it went straight through the sole. Ouch

Zoe

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

"sholley" shopping trolleys on my local bus service.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

QuakerBear

Peas (beastly little abomanations)

Fabric Softner (I don't understand why people need it)

Air smelly thingies (If you're house smells it's a sign you've dropped a kipper/sprout/smelly food item somewhere, or one of your pets has died and you haven't noticed, or you have serious bowl problems. All of the above need to be sorted out, not masked till you can ignore them)

People at work who don't recycle. If they don't start soon I'll be forced to compost them. Or hold a BBQ, I suppose they are free range...

Sorry, having a grumpy day. :bom:
QuakerBear

QuakerBear

We can also do without people who have a go at me because I don't shave under my arms. It's not, "gross", "unhygenic", "unnatural" or "disgusting". Shaving is the unnatural thing and it's not unhygenic because I wash. If you need to shave because your smell is to strong I suggest you try washing more.

Sorry, I've just re-read that and I'm getting really ranty and un-Quakerly now aren't I? But does anyone else know what I mean?
QuakerBear

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Quakerbear
I know exactly what you mean. I just wish I had the courage to join you. Shaving is such a pain.

Zoe

ina

Thank goodness I'm not alone in this - I've never shaved! But then I'm German... :wink: I think it's always been less common there. And I think shaving just encourages growth of hair.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

TV remote controls - encourages people to sit on their lardy arses mindlessly flicking between 97,000 channels of brain-draining pap instead of making an informed choice about what they'd like to watch or even better, turning the bloody thing off prior to taking it to pieces and using the components for something less bloody irritating. Sorry, can you tell I abso-bloody-lutely HATE TV?! Hmm, now fessing up that I like watching the odd fillum on DVd makes me sound like a 'vegetarian' that eats fish :mrgreen:

Carrier bags - if they weren't there people would quickly 'remember', ie actually be bothered, to take their own bags.

Disposable pretty much anything, can't stomach the disposable 'culture'. Goodness me I'm ranting this evening :?

Stonehead

Avarice and envy.

Millymollymandy

MrsD'ville wrote:TV remote controls - encourages people to sit on their lardy arses mindlessly flicking between 97,000 channels of brain-draining pap instead of making an informed choice about what they'd like to watch or even better, turning the bloody thing off
Ere, who are you calling a lardy ass? :lol: That's what I've been doing for the last 7 weeks (broken foot) and I have to go through 97,000 brain draining channels to see what is on that I would like to watch - how else can I make my 'informed' choice about what I'd like to watch? I don't receive all those channels but they are still listed which is really irritating!

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Lol! I wasn't intending to insult your butt personally, but you know that ;)

I think a broken foot might just be a sufficiently extenuating circumstance for the remote to be permitted - or could you hop to the TV?? :lol: And while you're at it brush up your French by reading the TV listings online, thereby saving paper while making your informed choice. Got it all sussed me :cooldude:

Millymollymandy

Yeah but - I'm watching English TV!!! :mrgreen:

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

but if i got rid of my remote, how would i use my red button?! or the little one which says "epg" and tells me there's nothing on telly so to bugger off and do somat else?
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: 101 things we can do without

Can we resurrect this or has it gone to the great beyond?

I could do without having to haul my bath water to water my plants.
I'll add my vote to doing without perfumes and perfumed anything. (organic essential oils can stay)

eccentric_emma

Re: 101 things we can do without

I could do without chavs and everything chavs stand for. Sorry if i've inadvertantly offended any self sufficientish chavs (although i believe that is a contradiction in terms), i hope your attempts to grow cans of Stella go well.

(can you tell i'm sick of being surrounded by chavs! it probably wouldnt be so bad if they kept quiet and stopped having fights outside my front door)
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com