Sanpro/breast pads

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sanpro/breast pads

Helloo. Just thought I would pass on a tip. Since I had DS I've been using my 'Fairy Hammocks' washable sanpro as breast pads and they're ideal. I have a let-down like a fire hydrant, both sides at once, and the FH have been brilliant. They're very absorbent, obviously, and a good shape for tucking inside a bra. I was stuffed when I had a period recently (didn't want to use my Mooncup again just yet for some irrational reason!), I seem to be cursed with a swift return of my cycle as it's come back three months after both children, but even then I managed as I have so many of the darn things. I also use them in my bra overnight, although as DS is currently feeding 3-4 times a night (what did I do that was so awful in a former life??) I don't get time to leak!
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

Urban Ayisha
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Sanpro/breast pads

i'm jealous of your fire hydrant boobs, mine have pretty much dried up as down to 2-3 feeds a day and i miss it in a weird way! end of an era i spose. i made breast pads from layers of towelling, fleece and muslin, using a cup as a template! they were far superior to any shop bought (ridiculously overpriced) pads i got and i found the disposable ones COMPLETELY pointless!

Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular

i skim read that the first time and had this image of you using the mooncup as a breastpad instead :shock: :shock: :shock:
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

grubbysoles
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I've just bought a couple of boxes of Nature's Child washable organic breast pads. I don't know if they'll be any good or not (baby due in just over a month), but I thought it was time I ditched the scratchy, papery disposable things after 2 previous lactation-fests. These look nice and soft. Hopefully they'll be super-absorbent as I was clearly a Jersey cow in my last life :wink:

PS - I just proudly announced to my boyfriend that I'm getting a Mooncup. I couldn't resist it as I knew he would be horrified. I have just been informed that if he ever sees it he is leaving me! Mwa ha ha!! Boys are funny.

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

lol!!
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

Urban Ayisha
Living the good life
Living the good life

i think there is something vaguely witch-y and pagan about the mooncup that men find a bit disconcerting, not just where it goes and what it does. its name, for instance. my hubby thinks its hilarious and every time it gets mentioned in the house he starts on about raising his mooncup goblet with the blood of 13 virgins to the sky... you get the picture.

grubbysoles
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Yes, there's something almost sacrificial about it! I'm pretty slack with housework and I think Significant Other is worried I'm going leave it lying around. Unwashed. Even I wouldn't be quite that disgusting!

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

I kept expecting to find someone using it as an egg cup :silent:

Shirley

LOL - got this image of the mooncup breastpads worn madonna style!

Fairy hammocks is such a fab name for the sanpro :flower:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

circlecross

do you know I got a tingle reading this - I too had a let down reflex that drowned small villages. Other peoples children, thinking of my own, even photos could cause "seepage". When it was feeding time, I would be rock hard, and fountaining. Blurgh. Stopped bf 15 months ago, so weird to feel tingling. If I start lactating, I am going to find you perpetrators and leak on you!!!
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, I still get tingling and I only managed to breast feed LO for 10 days, that was 30 months ago (ish) I also in-advertantly check that my top isn't wet myself when I do get the tingle. :roll: :lol:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay