Sling goodness!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Sling goodness!

Mr and Mrs luvpie wrote:oooo i have to admit to having abit of an obsession here :D

is it a freehand, i've seen the design before but ask as there have been some pretennd ones doing the rounds
Yes, it is :) Not seen the pretend ones? Do you mean freehand as opposed to babyhawk or have there been some fake ones?

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

the only reason I stopped using my meitai is because sophie got too tall. I kept overbalancing lol! if she'd not got so tall, she'd still be in it I reckon!

and our meitai didnt have padded shouder straps, it had wide ones s they would be pulled over the shoulder to distribute the weight.

oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Penny Lane

Here's Indi in our Moby -

And in our EllaRoo -

Here he is in a MT I made from a Kanga my dad brought back from Tanzania -

And in an uncut Kanga (he's actually BF-ing in this pic!) -

This is the MT I made with the padded shoulder straps, Indi's about a year old here -

And this is today with a 3 year old boy! -

Sorry about the amount of pics!
"It's breaking the circle.
Going to work, to get money, to translate into things, which you use up, which means you go to work again, etc, etc.
The Norm.
What we should be doing is working at the job of life itself."
- Tom Good, The Good Life.

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Lots of baby wearing goodness here!

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

chickenchargrill wrote:
Mr and Mrs luvpie wrote:oooo i have to admit to having abit of an obsession here :D

is it a freehand, i've seen the design before but ask as there have been some pretennd ones doing the rounds
Yes, it is :) Not seen the pretend ones? Do you mean freehand as opposed to babyhawk or have there been some fake ones?

unfortunately there have been some fake freehands, (and ergos i think it was) being sold through shops on fleabay recently that i know the freehand company are trying to get rid of :( lots cheaper and the nest design, as yet not heard how they compare structure wise, but i know a baby wearing consultant who was trying to get hold of one to take to bits to see

must go and find my pictures so i can add them in :iconbiggrin:
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

my all time favourite (nearly this week anyway :lol: )
gypsymama sarah wrap
gypsymama sarah wrap
SDC10823 (2).jpg (185.33 KiB) Viewed 4704 times
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

ok this thread is making my heart feel kinda burstey... I miss wearing sophie :(
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

mousenose
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello! Glad to see some babywearing love here too! I am a regular on natural mamas and have ventured over here too. Lovely to 'meet' you all. :wave:

I was a late bloomer to BW and bought my first woven when he was about 1. not looked back since but havnt had the huge stashes some do!

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

thanks for resurrecting this thread. I commented while I was still pregnant, my son is now 5 wks old and is regularly out and about in either a baby bjorn with my hubby or a calin bleu woven my friend has loaned me. Must get some pics up!

mousenose
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Jake in grad dyed Lana.

girasol indio fog.

and our gorgeous preschooler simply mei tai

welshmum
Tom Good
Tom Good

I started bw with my 4th. Decided on it after we started living an ish life shortly before babe was born. Didnt want to spend on a double pushchair for only a few months. So started bw'ing. I am strggling a little bit at the moment tbh. He is still really small only 17lbs at 14months old and has to be carried face forward as he struggles any other way. I have a home made baby wrap that was great and I have been trying to back carry but he just too small. Wonder if a mt would be a better option?

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

A newbie at this but love wearing my son. Get so many positive comments when out and about. Need to perfect my tieing though
and this one just cause it's cute
Calin Bleu woven my friend gave me.

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Can I show off my new to me Didymos Red Waves? I lurve it!!!

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

iv got 3 different baby carrier things but my baby just screams when hes in it so i just end up abandoning it. also if i get him to calm down my back ends up hurting after while so i can never go long distances with it on. and none of the 3 that i have are suitable for breastfeeding in.

i like the look of the slings, are thay any better, can u suggest a good ( non expencive ) one?
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

You could try ebay, or natural mamas for sale or trade section. Calin Bleu woven gauze wraps are around £40 new. I got the red one above second hand. a Mei tai might work for you.