Oh, we is having a baby!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Oh, we is having a baby!

And aren't really sure what do do next. We've excited, very, but also worried. What if I do this wrong and I end up hurting my little one? What if he comes out and I don't like him or know what to do with him? But at the same time I really want to meet him!

Eek, any advice or am I just going loopy? I'm just at the 21 weeks mark.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Oh, we is having a baby!

Yes, you're going loopy - it's called pregnancy! :lol: Every prospective mother goes through it.

Only another 19 weeks to go so get knitting.

Oh and congratulations!!!!!! :cheers:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Oooohhhh how exciting! And Congratulations! :cheers: :hugish: :iconbiggrin: :flower:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

red

congratulations :hugish:

all normal feelings
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Lost-in-the-Day
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Congratulations!
Stop Animal Cruelty this Christmas- http://lost-in-the-day.blogspot.com/201 ... stmas.html

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

:grouphug: awww many congratulations quakerbear family :cheers: babyQB will be the supreme baby of all time - I can guarantee it :thumbright:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

little blue duck
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

congratulations!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

congrats! and your fears and COMPLETELY NORMAL.

I've had a child for 5 years and still have days when I think "oh my god i'm responsible for her, hwat the hell do I do now?!" but it passes.

all I can say is always follow your instincts. listen to your body and buy a copy of "three in a bed" and make sure you read it.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

mousenose
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

mrsflibble wrote:congrats! and your fears and COMPLETELY NORMAL.

I've had a child for 5 years and still have days when I think "oh my god i'm responsible for her, hwat the hell do I do now?!" but it passes.

all I can say is always follow your instincts. listen to your body and buy a copy of "three in a bed" and make sure you read it.
and a sling buy a decent wrap or mei tai... and trust your instincts.

Congrats x

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Just to cheer you up - the worry never stops (eldest 20 - at least it explains why I have to dye my hair so often :lol: )

Many congratulations

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Congratulations!! Just don't do what I did and buy the pregnancy books, they scared me senseless!!! And enjoy it!

PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Aw, thank you everyone. Mr. QB says thank you too. Now be prepared for the barrage of baby related questions heading your way....

Once Mr. QB's taught me how to upload pictures I'll add some of what I've been making for baby. So far everything is in blue as that's all the wool I've got, oh appart from some fluffy orange stuff.

:)

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Awww congrats! That's fab news. And as everyone has said all ur feelings r completely normal. I have 3 under 5 and still worry if I'm doing things right! My advice is follow ur feelings, the mothering instinct is very powerful and always right.
Cloth nappies r a great investment, number 2 and 3 r still using the ones I got for number 1 and a sling is a great investment. There was a post up not so long ago about making your own. Goodluck and enjoy ur bed at the minute....that's the one thing I miss!! Xx

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

congratulations! Here's a link to thread I started when pregnant...http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... =ishy+baby
My baby is now 5 weeks old and we're gradually getting to grips with it all. Enjoy your pregnancy,it's such a beautiful time. I would recommend pregnancy yoga class both for the exercise and social aspects, I'm finding the support from the other mummies invaluable.
try not to have any fixed ideas about labour and parenting, I wanted all natural but needed a c-section, had probs breastfeeding but persevered and planned not to co-sleep but that's what's working for us.
Oh and I second the recommendation of babywearing and cloth nappies! Can get reusables secondhand o places like gumtree and cloth nappy tree. Used slings from natural mamas http://naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

CONGRATULATIONS!

(oh and not liking them is completely natural some days, especially days that are starting with you only having 2 hours sleep on the sofa because of them, but then they smile at you and melt your heart and the world seems the most beautiful place, lthough i do add at this point i am still waiting for gratbags to smile!)
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........