Spotty Baby - Help!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Spotty Baby - Help!

Hello,

It would be really nice if I could have some advice about my little chap. He's four and a half weeks old and the health visitors and doctor say he has baby acne. It's really bad though, the spots are little red pimples and are all over his cheeks, chin, the sides of his eyes, his hair at the sides, the back of his neck and now they're starting over the top of his shoulders.

Does anyone else have any experience of this? How long will it last and is there anything I can do to solve it? It seems like a worse case then anything I can find online.

It's also horrible when people stare at him and ask why he's so spotty. I think he's beautiful and wonderful but they can't see it.

Thanks everyone.

PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Spotty Baby - Help!

Hello,

we've noticed they are more red when he's hot but his whole face is fairly red most of the time. We're gently wiping his face with water and cotton wool. The only problem is there are areas where he's knocked the white tops off the spots as he's always liked mashing his right hand round his face.

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi

Lots of babies get rashes/milk spots when they are new - their skin isn't used to being exposed to the world and takes time to settle. I have 4 children so speak from experience. I am sure others can see he is beautiful - all babies are. Look around you and you will see babies with flakey scalps (cradle cap), stork bites and all sorts of imperfections that really just don't matter. I am sorry I don't have any answers as to how long they will last. I would just leave them as much as possible and they will eventually go.

best wishes

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

yes it sounds like milk spots. both my babies had them. just leave them alone and they will clear up in a few weeks.

also my son was a very red baby. he was purple/red for at least the first month. over time the redness faded and he bacame a normal colour.

dont worry about it, its normal.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

merlin
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 42.165085
longitude: 26.567146

not using any local wool products near baby are you? Lanolin does not agree with everybody, just a thought.
A few short films of us making home made food and drink in Bulgaria
http://inbulgaria.co.uk/

PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hello,

The little chap is four months old now. After seeing yet more doctors, becuse the problem was very extreme and the red spots had joined to gether into patches and started to weep, he was diagnosed with eczema. A few days on a low does of hydrocortisone and the problem cleared up. The first doctors we saw were pants and I won't see them again.

British Red
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Glad to hear you got a proper scientific diagnosis and the right treatent at last! GPs are, frankly, idiots most of the time. Weeping sores are not normal at any age. The idea of accepting utterly non scientific diagnoses really disturbs me...there is no such thing as "milk rash" - good on you for sortin an actual medical diagnosis!
Com on wanre niht scriðan sceadugenga