Fussy Eater

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
JonathanJ
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 53.22895
longitude: -1.41436

Fussy Eater

My 8 year old daughter ( interests - Unicorns, Fairies, Chocolate & Chips) is a veggie. The problem is that she shy's away from eating anything green and eggs. She will eat Quorn & fish. Any ideas for veggie recipes, or can recommend a recipe book for veggie kids.

clare
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Fussy Eater

Why is she veggie? are you?? Anyway you can disguise veggies in quorn Bolognese sauce or lasagne or fish pie or fish cakes.make your own veggie burgers just almost puree them up and mix into all of the above.until you have perfected it all give her a multi vitamin.
Grow it,make it ,eat it, drink it and sleep well!

doofaloofa
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

8 is old enough to reason with

Explain she may get sick if she wont eat green veg

Our 8 y/o has also gone veggie, though not stricktly as she'll eat a sausage when she fancies it. She has began to take an interest in nutrition and is quite aware of what she needs for a balanced diet

Also eat your greens or no pudding
ina wrote: die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln

Hedgecrafter
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 52.056736
longitude: 1.148220

When I was growing up we had out veg first. If we ate it all we could have our mains.

It worked well and I have no bad memories. I'll be doing the same with my little one.

pete+karen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

..one thing you could say when offering up brussel sprouts to a little girl (?!) is to call them "doll's cabbages" -- worth a try:-)..