kids as washing machines!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
funkypixie
Living the good life
Living the good life

kids as washing machines!

I bathed my boys last night and when they were clean I threw in a couple of sheets, half a cup of soda crystals and they walked up and down and stomped on them for 15 mins or so! A quick rinse and they were all clean - sheets and all! I think it was as good as the machine. Do you think I could hire them out? ;)

Anna x
Just when you think you're in it up to your neck & it can't get any worse, something craps on your head.

circlecross
A selfsufficientish Regular

how funny! Usually mine is so filthy that if I put anything in there after he's been in it would come out dirtier!
Susan
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

Chickpea

My boys have a disgusting habit of peeing in the bath so I wouldn't do that myself.

Bigsis
Tom Good
Tom Good

Great idea, do they do duvets?

mellie
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I'm trying to remember back to my history lessons but didn't the 'old fashioned people' use pee in their laundry activities somehow?.. Could catch on.
There's six of us sharing the bath water sometimes ( don't tell my dad..Mr clean) that we really couldn't use that water to wash anything!

:oops: Mellie

funkypixie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Urine used to be used for bleaching I believe. It is still used in traditional felt making and in the tanning process of leather in some countries I think.

Anna x
Just when you think you're in it up to your neck & it can't get any worse, something craps on your head.

Shirley

It used to be used as part of the tweed making process too - waulking!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

glenniedragon

salvete!
The Roman fullers used to put out buckets near drinking holes for the clientele to use, in the morning they used to collect these buckets and use the contents on the respectable folks' togas. They used to mush it with their feet too!

kind thoughts
valete!
Deb

Millymollymandy

Was that what Tony Robinson was doing in the 'Worst jobs in history' TV series? I do recall him stomping on something seeped in urine! Personally I thought that was probably one of the least awful of the jobs he did!