Tapeworm - prepare to be disgusted

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
PurpleDragon
A selfsufficientish Regular

Tapeworm - prepare to be disgusted

My cat just yacked up in my bedroom and there were pieces of tapeworm in it.

Now, I have wormer for them, and have just dutifully fought it down their necks, but my question is ...

... what is the liklihood of the kids having anything? You know what kids are like.

I've looked on the net and all I can find about it - you can get it from eating undercooked pork :shock: but nothing about getting it from animals. I know they can contract normal worms, but a tapeworm?
PurpleDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no snooze button on a hungry cat

Shirley

Funnily enough I've just had the same thing with our cat, only they weren't sicked up... I spotted it wiggling out the other end!! YUCK

There are different types of tapeworm - some are caught because the cat has ingested an adult flea and the eggs of the tapeworm are in there... flea gets digested in the stomach and the eggs hatch... etc etc... I seem to recall that this type of tapeworm can be passed on the humans but through the flea again. Don't quote me... I'm going from memory here.

If your cat is a hunter, then chances are it's a tape worm from mice/rats etc.

You need to be sure that your wormer will zap the tapeworm... not all do. Which wormer did you use??
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Shirley

Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

HILLDREAMER90
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

EUWWWW YUK YUK. Just had a look at the above website,double yuk.
I got a worm tablet for new kitty,i assumed it would do round & tape worms?? Her breath is still smelly, i cant find anything wrong with her teeth etc. Seems fit & healthy,Any sugesstions ?? Am off to saw fire wood now,got to get worm pic out of my head, uuuuggggg.A. :cat:
DONT NOTICE THE TINY FLEA IN THE OTHER PERSONS HAIR AND OVERLOOK THE LUMBERING YAK ON YOUR OWN NOSE.

PurpleDragon

Yeah, they are, aren't they? Yeuch. Barf. Etc.

I think I shall make a visit to the chemist and ask his advice. These websites have scared the be-jessus outta me!
PurpleDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no snooze button on a hungry cat