I'm back .......with some news!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
red
A selfsufficientish Regular

citizentwiglet wrote: I don't mind giving birth in hospital, I'd just like to get out of there as soon as is humanly possible! I'm hoping that, as it will be my second child, they will see fit to boot us out of the door after a few hours and I can go home to my own family, own bed, loo and bathroom!
I was the same - happy to give birth in hospital (let them clean up...) but really could not wait to get home

as it goes i was ill before giving birth and in hospital for sometime before, and then son was in scbu, whilst I had the kind of high bp that made Drs tell me to lie down right away.. meanwhile different depts were not talking to each other so had to walk to scbu and do feeding every couple of hours through the night, and sod the bp... then some teenager (!) of a midwife asking me daft questions like 'can you feel the milk coming down' me: 'what does it feel like?' midwife: 'dunno, I have never had kids... ' me:'so why are you asking?'

things were so much better back in my own home.. with visits from sensible community midwives...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

I think in the end it boils down to where you feel most comfortable. If you've got health problems which mean you have to be in hospital, that's where you have to be. If not, then the choice is yours. I've done both hospital and home and I have to say I'd go for home every time. And my dh was so traumatised by our hospital experience (which he insisted on and I gave in to) that he said the only reason I'd ever have a hospital birth again would be if I had to go in on a blue light - lol. Then again, it was Whipps Cross in London.

Lynne

citizentwiglet

That's the thing - I honestly don't mind giving birth in the hospital, as much as I don't really like the places, I do find it very reassuring.

They kept me in for three days last time because of my Factor V Leiden - they were concerned about me developing a clot/DVT post-partum. Mind you, having dealt with this condition (which is usually left untreated when I'm not pregnant) for three years now, I am fully aware of what symptoms to look for and how best to look after myself. In fact, considering they were concerned about me having a DVT they were pretty insistent I get back to my bed - I had to convince them that moving around and keeping the circulation flowing was the best thing to do, but it took a visit from the haematologist before they believed me!

(Mind you, not sure how well my circulation coped with the World's tightest and itchiest support tights....yum yum did I look sexy in those!)
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

Welsh Girls Allotment
Living the good life
Living the good life

Congratulations :cheers: :cheers:

I know what you mean about wanting to get home, when I had my daughter, I had pre-eclampsia and was in hospital for almost 2 weeks and it drove me mad all I wanted to do was go home and get on with my baby, but oh no I had be prodded and meddled because of the pre-eclampsia and more stitches than a tapestry I had to be 'observed';

In the end I think they were glad to see the back of me because whenever I saw any member of staff I would say - can I go home yet :mrgreen:

CaundleMama
Tom Good
Tom Good

congratulations! hope your pregnancy is a happy healthy one :flower:

gigglybug

Congratulations!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :wav:

kiery
Tom Good
Tom Good

Congratulations, that's wonderful news!! :cheers:

I did miss you and had wondered where you had gone citizentwiglet.

I had hospital births for both my two girls and while i don't like being in there I found it reassuring being in a consultant led unit; I needed an emergency c-section with my youngest.

Anyway, i know its difficult with a toddler but try and put your feet up when you can, all the best. :flower:

Helsbells

congratulations!! Wonderful news
x

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I discharged myself a week after my c section, much to dotor's dismay as I'd only regained the power of speech a day earlier, and still had little or no short term memory... but i recovered so much better and quicker at home.

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello. Don't think we've 'met', but just wanted to add my congrats, and crash your post in the most unforgivable manner! I'm pregnant too, but a bit behind you at just six weeks. Are there many of we gestating types on the forum at the mo?

Hope everything's fine with the blood condition, though that trip to Wishaw sounds enough to give anyone high bp. We have a 6 yo DD, and I lost two pregnancies last year, very early on but even so, am being a bit more careful this time. Biggest gripe just now is that I can't (or feel I shouldn't...) have a go with the rotorvator's DH has just bought!

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

MrsD'ville wrote:Hello. Don't think we've 'met', but just wanted to add my congrats, and crash your post in the most unforgivable manner! I'm pregnant too, but a bit behind you at just six weeks. Are there many of we gestating types on the forum at the mo?
No idea about others on here, but I am 21wks pregnant :cheers: (have been trying for a year and a half, nothing in the scheme of things but we are relieved to have got there in the end). Hope all are well and babies doing as they should.

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Congratulations :flower: I'm coming up nine weeks, but living for next week's scan when we'll find out what's really going on in there.

Clara

CONGRATULATIONS to all those bumps!

Remember always to trust your instincts and it will all be alright, whatever you decide.

Clara x
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thanks - glad all ok with you. Mine is already scheduled as a c-section - I'm not even allowed to remain on Shetland as all 'highrisk' births are flown to Aberdeen ahead of due date automatically - to be fair I'd rather have this than a 1 1/2hr flight to Aberdeen in labour :shock: . I had a c-section with my daughter and so will probably need one with this one too, am booked in just in case, although final decision will be taken at 37wks. Any more bumps hiding out there?

red

congrats Esther and Mrs D!
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog