Favorite foods

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Favorite foods

does your child have a favorite food?
Soph's is Broccolli. she likes it in anything, but best of all with chicken gravy or a soft yolk fried egg (lion mark).

I'm posting this 'cos she brought me the box of eggs and head of broccolli and said "dippy brolly egg". brolly is her word for broccollli.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

E would eat nothing but sultanas if she had the choice... we treat them as sweeties and she only has them as a treat, after she finishes her dinner, etc.

She also loves beans "Mo Beans Muma, Mo Beans Pease"
Bread (Since we started making it at home every day she cannot get enough)
Cheese
Yoghurt
Banana

I haven't got her into veg in a big way, but she eats them in her dinner in many forms, especially in a tomato sauce...but I she has gone off of the roast veg in cous cous :?
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

citizentwiglet

Ellis loves sardines mixed with tinned tomatoes with pasta, cherry tomatoes, sultanas and raisins and apples. He also loves my chickpea curry and naan bread.....

And chocolate. Particularly Tunnocks Caramel Wafers. Oh well, I tried.
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you post the recipe for your chickpea curry please :mrgreen:

E has eaten some quite spicy tomato sauce and loves it... especially when she gets a yoghurt to cool her mouth down afterwards.

E took a bad reaction to chocolate when she was about 1... a good reason to keep clear - that said she does 'steal' corners of my cakes and biscuits and she is fine with that but thankfully doesn't ask for more too much.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Shirley

J's favourite of the moment is pancakes... closely followed by homemade pizza.

Veg wise he's not too bad but particularly likes red and yellow peppers, raw or cooked. H adores olives too and would eat them by the bucket load. Same with raisins, sultanas, cranberries etc which tend to be our sweeties too.

Fruit is not a problem - he'll eat pretty much everything in that department.

He's not a great meat eater but does love salmon.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

'Baby eggs' are the favourite at the moment - we keep quail and they are hard boiled quail eggs, she loves them! Close second must come cheese, rice cakes and any kind of fruit or veg (especially raw). Although I have to admit she has a weakness for chocolate buttons which she gets once a week as bribery for getting her hair washed :oops: (it is very curly and halfway down her back so she hates it washed or brushed and it was taking two of us to forceably hold her down and wash it so bribery is preferable!) she is not allowed sweets/chocolate at any other time.

She eats anything and everything, she doesn't really like onions but thats about the only thing I can think of.

Russian Doll

hannah loves anything with pastry on it
amy will eat pasta tilll its coming out of her ears
alex loves sausages and mash
zachy is officially my dustbin and will eat everything

getting there
Tom Good
Tom Good

Loralei loves grapes and blue berries the most, thinks they're lollies, bananas are her third fav fruit followed by apples and mandarins.

She loves green vegies especially beans and broccoli. She's happy with a head of steamed broc for dinner and it's easy on me. When we have stirfry she swaps me for my beans :lol: .

Yogurt she thinks is a dessert, so easy on me again :cheers: .

Apart from that she love plain bread, just slices of bread with nothing on it.
Just because I can't do everything I won't fail to do something.

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

P (6) loves chickpeas too - I make a very simple pasta sauce with chick peas in it and she hoovers them up, unlike my stepdaughter who pushes them round her plate in a trying-not-to-attract-attention way the rest of us find quite amusing!

P loves most fruit and veg too, esp straight off the plant in the garden, so peas and tomatoes are good for that. Unfortunately the corrupting influence of her father means that she adores fish & chips and has a rather sweet tooth, but she only gets sweets once a week and we have pudding once a week, under normal circs. Despite having a vehemently vegetarian father (who none the less treats the children to F&C...) she's a real meat-eater and loves coming with me to the farm to buy sausages and so on. All in all I'm very happy with her diet :king:

shae
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

For my 2 the constant favs are cheese and sausages, if Joel refuses to eat anything I usually offer cheese, at least I know he has something in his tummy.

Clara

EVERYTHING :cheers:

But right at this moment the winner hands down is beps, definitely beps.

Beps are either peas or broad bean pulled of the plant and eaten out of the pod as quickly as possible :flower:
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

baldowrie

ever since my son was a baby he just likes FOOD!

He is not keen on onions! :lol:

Growing Mama
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Lil's fav at the moment is plucking my carrots out of the ground, rinsing them under the tap and eating them. I have had to plant more as she isn't letting them reach a decent size and there aren't going to be any left for us to eat, but really I am not complaining. She also loves cottage cheese and anything to dip in it. Jack eats anything and everything, although dearly loves to chuck food off his highchair for the cats!!!
Mum to two gorgeous kids
Lily (3) the Princess & Jack (17mths) the non walking climber!

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Saffie will eat anything and everything she is known for it :shock: BUT her fave is Broccoli then anything green esp peas then cheese......oh and sometimes rice crispies

See what I mean!! She likes her food lol

barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ollie LOVES his banana he has at breakfast! I have to hide it till he has made a dent in his cereal! Apart from that he will eat anything. He loves to slurp up noodles and spaghetti, and loves cheese and bread and veggies, esp broccoli.

There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys