Happy Heart Month!!

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy Heart Month!!

Happy heart month!

This short film, by the British Heart Foundation was brought to my attention about 5 mins ago and I thought I would pass it on before I forget, or loose the sense of urgency it created in me to let everyone see it - or even just be made aware of the symptoms of a heart attack.

I lost my Dad to a heart attack when I was just 4 years old, and he was only 39, so I think you all understand why this is a subject close to my heart ('scuse the pun)

Here's the blurb from the website...

"I'd like you to watch the most important two minutes you'll ever see - 'Watch your own heart attack'.

Take the time to watch it - then you'll be prepared if and when it happens for real.

Watching this film could help save the life you love: go to http://www.bhf.org.uk/2minutes"

Please do watch this, or at least take 5 mins to read about the symptoms.

Thankyou
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Happy Heart Month!!

A good link - luckily for us my mum got through heart surgery last year - we were told she was not going to survive and that they wouldn't operate... but they did, and she did survive. Still feels like a miracle.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

JulieSherris

Re: Happy Heart Month!!

Thanks Ann..... I don't know how I feel now!

Hubby has a family issue with heart problems, but he wouldn't have known had he not found his real family 15 yrs ago (he was adopted)

And the scariest thing is that he's not 'in the loop' so to speak.... if there was a problem, we wouldn't know anything about until it's too late.
He's not seen a doctor apart from registering, in 12 years - now, you could say that it's because he's superhealthy..... although like I said, if something WAS wrong, we wouldn't know.

His philosophy is that he wouldn't WANT to know & he's more than happy to carry on doing what he does in ignorance.
The jury is still out on his philosophy in my opinion, but you can bet your life that if a day comes when I am unhappy about his general health, I will be screaming loud & long for him to go see a doc.....
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink: