Rational Trust Community Collective-

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
ecomamma
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Rational Trust Community Collective-

We are a seed project looking to develop a idea- please check out our proposal @

and join the forum to show your support-
:grouphug:

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Rational Trust Community Collective-

Ecomamma please read our forum rules

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... 17&t=11583

We've already explained that we do not allow advertising for people who have just joined and it is explained in our rules. You have chosen to blatantly ignore that and repost your website address after it has been removed by the moderating team. Specifically read the paragraph entitled ADVERTISING which includes this wording:

"Anybody joining the forum for the sole intent of advertising, even an ethical product, or posting about one single concept risks being considered spam and having their posting/s deleted."

So far you seem to be doing just that - posting and advertising about one single concept.

Now why not start again, introduce yourself as you (not your website name) and tell us something about you (not your website) and join in with the general chit chat on the forum, then once you are an established member of our online community we will allow you to advertise your website. :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

ecomamma
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

The thread in tittle is whats going on, this is what is going on for me! Im amazed you think its spam!
Do you give all your members such a warm welcome... :(

Its totally in keeping with urban self sufficiency I am a rule breaker its in my nature :wink: but my intention was not to break any 'rules'

Rosendula

there's a difference between being a rule breaker and being disrespectful, and you come across as being the latter. The fact that it took until your 19th post to finally get around to contributing to a thread speaks volumes.
Rosey xx

JulieSherris

Ooo, look at me, I'm de-lurking - this must mean that I feel like I have something to say..... Hi guys!! :wave:

Ecomamma, I think the members of this forum now get it - you have a forum that you want everyone to love just as much as they love every inch of this one, right? And that's cool - it's very good in fact.
However..... Due to there being many, many, many forums out there that address our 'green' way of life, the members here on Ish like to dibble & dabble and find their own loved internet spots. Speaking personally, I can't bear others to hand feed me links to other places, I much prefer to explore by myself a little, and find my own niches. I sometimes come across forums that basically contain nothing but advertising for other sites - so much so that the original topics have dried up & the members drifted away. And that's what the Ish moderators work hard to stop happening here.

I don't think that what they have asked you is unreasonable. Just think if they let everyone do the same? Then we'd just have forum topics with constant advertising & links & the threads would become hijacked, causing folk to lose interest in the site.

I like to come here for general advice & chat as & when the mood takes me, but should I need more expert guidance, then I am more than capable of using a search engine, or asking the members what sites they use - I don't need to feel as though I'm being forced to check someone's else's site out - in fact, that rather makes me run in the opposite direction - very fast!

Why not just chat on the threads, and make some friends here while you are getting your site as you want it. Then, when it's to your satisfaction, invite some of the friends that you have made to check it out then - I'm sure we'll all feel a little happier and more comfortable.

And please don't beat our mods up - we're very protective of them you see, because they do an amazing job of keeping this site safe & happy for us Ishers.

Have a nice day :icon_smile:
Julie.
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Thanks folks. :hugish:

I'm sorry things seem to have got off to a bad start for you ecomamma. As a forum we actually have very few rules. Go on some and there are no-go areas until you've been involved, seemingly, forever. Others don't let you post about or advertise your own site/business/blog ever.

We don't do those things, all we ask is that you become an active participant before you get to advertise your site.

It isn't a case of otherwise we'd get inundated - we do already. A team of mods from all over the world cover the forum 24 hours a day deleting spam and removing ads from sites who never have any intention participating, just dumping their info. We have enough to do already, on a totally voluntary basis, without having to decide if an ad fits in with our ethos, looks interesting or anything else. We have neither the time nor, frankly, the inclination to decide if someone's "rule breaking" is somehow worthy of ignoring.

I really wish you would start again and enjoy what we have here. If not, I'll be sorry about that but there are no exceptions.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Try coming into 'chat' & letting us know what your interests are, your likes & dislikes etc

That's how we all started & became friends.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!