big green gathering may go bankrupt needs help

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
jonny2mad
Tom Good
Tom Good

big green gathering may go bankrupt needs help

if you attended the public meeting at the end of big green you will know that the local police and council have brought the big green close to being bankrupt .
Anyway their asking for donations to keep them afloat either that or you could become a shareholder .
The big green is the biggest eco event in the country and Ive been going to it for about 7 years and its really great and it would be a shame if it closed .
So do what you can to help pass out this news to anywhere on the internet you think there may be people who can help .
There isnt much time

http://www.big-green-gathering.com/index.php?pageid=233

Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'll spread the word! :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Me too!

They're whizzing round facebook at the moment.

jonny2mad
Tom Good
Tom Good

There is the group save the big green gathering on facebook as the big green gathering group as well

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6209927038

Im sure a lot of green people would try to help if they knew about it but its just contacting them in time .
I dont think its bad management because from what Ive seen its one of the best managed festivals its just the crazy money the local police and council want .

I know they were saying about how the council had made them employ sia bouncer types at £13+ a hour to man road checkpoints where before they had stewards who they paid minimum wage and the wages for just a few points went from £4000-5000 to £20,000 -£30,000 .
I manned some of those points last year and they didnt need security guards you were dealing with hippies , we had no trouble whatso ever

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

The amount of security they had to have this year was ridiculous!
It was all in case there was a 'terror threat' - how stupid!

I've applied to be a shareholder.

Its about time the health and safety brigade stepped down and allowed the common sense brigade to prevail.