Onduline roofing

Anything to do with environmental building projects.
JessieMac
Tom Good
Tom Good

Onduline roofing

We will have to reroof our log cabin workshop our garden shed and the woodstore this spring and want to find an alternative to mineral felt which only lasts about two years here as we have high winds and lots of rain.Has anyone used Onduline panels and if so how do you find them?
The three jobs will cost quite a lot in time and money and I don't want to do it all again in a few years. :flower:
Jessica.

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Onduline roofing

I've not used onduline sheets and would need to find out more about them but i need to have my garage [flat] roof redone this summer. I will be taking the opportunity to convert the normal flat roof into a green roof and water harvesting facillity but the base roofing material that I have been told to look at is this type of stuff. http://www.rubba-seal.co.uk/home . I don't have any dealings with this particular company or the products but if you need to do the rooves [roofs] then this might be an alternative.

Hope this helps.

BA

Edited to add,

just done a google search on this product and it looks canny. This company http://www.claddingsupplies.co.uk/Onduline-1is offering sheets from £10.95 for a 2m x .95m sheet so it's down to measuring.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

JessieMac
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thanks BA

Thurston Garden

My Dad re-footed his workshop with onduline and says it's fab. Bought it from the builders merchant (Rembrand Timber). Mum's summerhouse will be next!

Best used on henhouse roofs too - built in ventilation and no place for redmite to hide!
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

If you go for Big Al's green roof option you can use a good quality thick pond liner for your waterproof membrane.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

dave45

If its the same stuff they have in Wickes it certainly aint light weight and is a bugger to cut... clogs up any saw blade. And if you store it badly, it deforms easily (guess how I know!). I was going to use it for the walls of my tree-house. Its a b'stard to fit vertically (cos of the WEIGHT)

bigfella59
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

If anyone is still looking for rubber roofing, you may be interested to know what happened to our install, we ordered onduline and were let down by the amazon supplier, in the end we went with rubber roofing direct who had a very useful online calculator, which seem to think of everything and collated all of the parts required for the whole order, very useful, fitted it myself and well pleased with the outcome.
bigfella.jpg
bigfella.jpg (215.12 KiB) Viewed 17578 times

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I'm assuming that as this thread is six years old Jess has more than likely sorted out her roof but I will chuck in my tuppence worth. A very similar product is coroline , virtually the same in fact , same size sheets , same material but ever so slightly difference in the profile. Both are corrugated but are not quite th same. I found this out when I had both although with a bit of force they will fit together just about. Other than that as long as it's supported underneath it's fine. My workshop is done with the stuff and is as good as new , roof and walls , but a customers stables have been done and it has sagged where it wasn't supported. Comes in three colours that I know of , green which I went for , red and black which is slightly cheaper.