So thats blair gone then

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Martin wrote:from someone pigeonholed as "middle class"
1 We didn't vote him in
2 His "economic miracle" is just a vast southsea bubble!
3 He's a "suit"
4 He's a miserable sod!
5 He'll be perched on Bush's lap instead of Tony
Got nowt against Scots personally, but I reserve the right to loathe some individuals (of whatever race, creed, religion or sex!)
- more bloody class (and race) warfare! - do I detect a touch of pots and kettles here?:wink:
1. Please see my previous posting on how our democracy works.

2. I remember the stock market crashes, the house price crahes, the endowment policy shortfalls that our parents have suffered because of the previous governments 'get rich quick' - 'grab it all mentality' and to be perfectly honest... I should be to young to remember it all and still feel bitter about it. I don't call it an economic miricle but it is a dam site better than the tories managed.

3. Sorry Martin but I don't want my PM turning up to work in a jeans and a t-shirt. I would prefer our representative to look like someone who knows what they are doing and can hold there own in diplomatic discussions.

4. He is dry, I'll give you that, but I don't think that Billy Connoly would have made it to PM somehow. Politics is a serious business.

5. I think that GB is entitled to have a week or two of governing the country before we tar him with the same brush as his predecessor. They famously disagreed on many matters, so what evidence do we have that GB will act the same towards the americans as TB has... also Bush only has 2 more years in the White House so who knows what will happen next
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular

1 It may be "legal" but it still stinks
2 They have succesfully built a gas-guzzling house of cards
3 "Suit" refers to the mindset, not necessarily the clothes!
4 Too serious to be taken THAT seriously! - he's a control freak with no sense of humour - doesn't bode well...............
5 Are we taking bets? :mrgreen:
and just for the record, I reckon Billy Connolly would be infinitely preferable - silly trousers and all! :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Peggy Sue

Tony Blair was undoubtedly the master of spin. I never believe politicians, by nature they just can't tell the truth it would hurt and they want to be favoured it just doesn't add up. But, I did get sucked in by TB (for a while). Some achievement. I woke up with a huge bang with Iraq. That was dictatorship- you can see how Hitler managed to get where he did, he too must have been the master of spin of that day- it's just 'what you want and how to get it'

GB has no prescence and would not have won elections like TB did (despite who we vote for and our contituency joke, it's the leader that does the vote calling). In reality we could do with less spin and less Bush. If GB does that then I'll give him the time of day.

Clever history-maker was TB. He would never have won another election so go in 'glory'
Just Do It!

Cassiepod
Living the good life
Living the good life

There is not one single politician who is trustworhty and there never will be as Nev so rightly pointed out. I will alwasy vote becaue I firmly believe you need to be invloved to be able to compolain but otherwise it's irrleevant.

As I see it the only way to get politicians to hear is for it to become so generally popular that they want to join in (being green reduction of carbone emissions etc etc)

pskipper
Living the good life
Living the good life

There is not one single politician who is trustworhty
I have to disagree, Anne Widicombe has always struck me as an individual of cast iron morals, she wouldn't lie because lying is wrong.

I also think you can always trust Borris Johnson to be honest, maybe not someone you would want to trust running the country but honest none the less.

Cassiepod
Living the good life
Living the good life

She may not lie but that's a lolng way from telling the comlete and hoest truth. I agree with Nev it's in the nature of people who want to be politicians to be choosy about what they mention. Same as statisitics if you manipulate enough it says what you want to hear.

I'm not normally so cynical :?