Petrol price increase

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
hamster
A selfsufficientish Regular

I had great difficulty convincing a recruitment agency the other day that, really, a fifteen minute walk from the station wasn't that strenuous, or that I'd even be happy to cycle 6 miles to work if I get this job. Needless to say, they thought I was nuts... But there's nothing I like better than a bit of exercise after a day sitting down at the computer... much better than sitting down in a car and waiting in traffic, and then forking out for gym membership!

But I do agree with smile_sunshine about not feeling safe walking home alone at night sometimes. I find cycling is better - might be worth considering....?
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

Peggy Sue

I feel a bit safer on a bike too (except when the lorries are trying to run me over that is!). Luckily I don'y work shifts so I only have to cycle at 8am & 5pm. I do love it though, I would be really up set if my company moved too far for me to cycle it's become an addiction. Most of them think I'm nuts then ask why I'm not overweight as they sign up for the gym!!

The days I take a look at the weather and it's wild winds I drive, then feel dissapointed I didn't get my bit of fresh air.

I ahve chosen to cycle in the snow and ice, thoses are the days it's not safe in a car and you always get held up!
Just Do It!

smile_sunshine
Tom Good
Tom Good

yeah I generally cycle - i will cycle home at night (scared tho) but wont walk, Also sat down and worked out that it i put money aside to take the occasional taxi late at night (once a month or so) its cheaper than having a car, paying insurance etc when i don't really need one the rest of the time. Also try and arrange to stay over at friends houses if they have late parties etc)