Temporary file - somebody help me PLEASE!

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Temporary file - somebody help me PLEASE!

So I´m bricking it about my upcoming driving theory test and I´ve found some really helpful free downloads......but after I´ve downloaded them I can´t find them and they don´t come up automatically (this doesn´t seem to matter whether I decide to "execute (run?)" them or save them. They get saved to my "temporary file (folder?)"......but how the heck do I find that manually?

i hope all the jargon is correct.....my computer is Spanish (perhaps they will appear mañana? :lol: ), so I´m translating.

TIA, Clara x
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Temporary file - somebody help me PLEASE!

Yeah, it is hard to find. The most likely one is (assuming you're on Windows) is a temp folder within your Windows folder (which you can find on your root drive). Failing that, your best plan is to download again, using the save option. If you're not too quick on the old key bouncing, you'll see an option to decide WHERE to save the file, and you can put it into an easily accessible area.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)