How to burn photos to a DVD?

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Thurston Garden
A selfsufficientish Regular

How to burn photos to a DVD?

My Mum is having great difficulty....

On her previous computer (XP) she could easily burn jpg photos to a DVD-RW and then play them onto her TV from their Sony DVD player. Since getting a replacement computer (Vista) she now cannot get newly burned DVD's to play on the DVD player. Frankly it's driving her, and also me (trying to help her on the phone....without Vista....without a DVD player) bonkers. The only thing that has changed is the move from XP to Vista.

I talked her through dowloading imgburn thinking this might be a solution, but to no avail. That said, it's all new to me and Mum, so perhaps we are not using it correctly!

Does anyone have any ideas? Any photo burning Vista boffins?

Ta.
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

Big Al

Re: How to burn photos to a DVD?

Thurston Garden wrote:My Mum is having great difficulty....

On her previous computer (XP) she could easily burn jpg photos to a DVD-RW and then play them onto her TV from their Sony DVD player. Since getting a replacement computer (Vista) she now cannot get newly burned DVD's to play on the DVD player. Frankly it's driving her, and also me (trying to help her on the phone....without Vista....without a DVD player) bonkers. The only thing that has changed is the move from XP to Vista.

I talked her through dowloading imgburn thinking this might be a solution, but to no avail. That said, it's all new to me and Mum, so perhaps we are not using it correctly!

Does anyone have any ideas? Any photo burning Vista boffins?

Ta.
My son has vista and he burns photos all the time. i'll email him and ask how he does it. Mind you he's a student so if he's not on the compyter in the pub or bed I'll get him.

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Thurston Garden

Re: How to burn photos to a DVD?

Cheers Al - I have a gut feeling it's about how Vista 'finishes' the burn, making it a usable disc for somewhere non-Vista, like the DVD player.
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)