IE 8 problems?

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
JulieSherris
A selfsufficientish Regular

IE 8 problems?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:06 pm

OK, so hubby told me to put IE 8 on the main PC - he's put it on the laptop already & therefore I have to follow suit..... :roll:

So, I did... now, it has this 'inPrivate' browsing... ok, whatever, I don't care who knows where I go - it's not as if I go anywhere dodgy, & am pretty predictable..... my days of searching Warez sites for free software are long gone now as well! :mrgreen:

Anyway, every time I get a mail about posts here, I click the link & have to sign in... again & again & again..... even though I've disabled the inprivate browsing, checked that the cookies are being accepted... and check the 'keep me signed in' box.... and it still happens....

OK, it might well be because IE8 is still new & in beta, so I'm not going to shout too loudly yet - but if there's anything else I should be doing, I'd be grateful for any tips?
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

contadina

Re: IE 8 problems?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Install Firefox instead.

Shirley

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:41 pm

Can't help because I don't use IE - I use Firefox or Flock and have no problems.

I have to say that I would be bothered that my every internet move was being recorded. Not because I visit dodgy sites (I don't) but just because I think MS are getting more and more like 'big brother' :cooldude:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Elizabeth
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:59 pm

I thought IE8 was still, is still! in trials.

It's not really meant for home users?

See article halfway down this page............http://internet-explorer-8.en.softonic.com/
Elizabeth

Remember! Turn off, when not in use

http://www.gardenersclick.com/

JulieSherris

Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:32 pm

It's ok, Elizabeth, it's for public download - not that that would make any difference anyway :mrgreen:

As I said, I'm now beyond hunting free software on the warez sites, but that's where I started - :brave:

And we're not too worried about the big brother aspect of the internet anymore either... as hubby says, if you're doing nothing wrong, then there's nothing to hide.... plus I'm an expert at dodging advertising tactics too....

If someone wants to keep a check on what I get up to on a PC, they'll be bored senseless within an hour!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 am

I agree, ditch the hubby and get Firefox :lol:

I'm somewhat impressed by "targeted" adverts (easily impressed I know) ... at the bottom of this page is an ad for Google Chrome, at the bottom of the thread about chicken enclosures there's an ad for http://www.howtokeepchickens.co.uk and at the bottom of the thread about pens ... yeah, you guessed it :roll:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Return to “Tomorrow's World (Computing and Tech)”