What to download to an Ip*d?

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

What to download to an Ip*d?

I must have the best brother in the world because he just sent me an Ip*d as a baby shower present :cheers:

Being a bit of a bumpkin I don´t really know what is out there that I might be interested in downloading, so I thought I might ask you likeminded folk if you have come across any rich seams of interesting stuff.

I´ve sorted myself with IT*nes and BBC Iplayer (though unfortunately being outside of the UK means I can only get radio not TV), anything else I should know? Anyone listened to anything on the beeb recently that might be interesting?

TIA Clara

PS Mods if the *s aren´t enough to keep the google ads at bay, please let me know and I´ll edit.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What to download to an Ip*d?

the *s will probably keep them away :mrgreen:

Is it a fancy shmacy one, with video and all? oooh.... I just have my own music (from my CDs) on mine, 1000 songs is nowhere near enough room though. OH has some BBC radio podcasts - the Mark Kermode film one from five live. Radio4 usually have a book of the week and a book at bedtime which I would probably get, if I was organised enough, but I'm not. (though OH tells me they might not be available as podcast anyway)

I don't seem to listen to as much radio these days as I used to though :(

You could try project gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg ... ks_Project
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

thecornflake
Tom Good
Tom Good

I'm well into podcasts at the moment. There are tons, all different subjects. Even ones where you can learn another language!

Cpt Drinkloads (Rtd)
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

If you are into drama and plays the only radio station I listen to is Radio 7. I dont have a tv so this is my only form of non alcholic I partake in. Have been know to stay away from the pub just to find out who the killer was :lol:

Dave

keliz5000
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I like "the survival podcast" and the "quick and dirty" podcasts you can get on itunes. And if you do a search there are always free audiobooks you can download.

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My subscriptions on itunes:
-From our own correspondent, full of very interesting stuff you don't hear about on the news
-Eddie Izzard: Live from London, an itunes special, a 'shop show' with the comic, free too!
-Friday Night Comedy Podcast, alternates btween the News Quiz, and the Now Show, very funny...
-Thought For The Day, sometimes interesting, fills your computer with 3 minute sound bites.
-Rhod Gilbert, the best bits, simply because i don't have access to the interenet most of the week, so need some relief

For the more wealthy ex pat, itunes also has a vast database of tv programs to buy, but good quality, ranging from South Park to Little Dorrit, still no Jonathan Creek though :cry:

Otherwise music-wise, your own music, with the occasional purchase from the itunes store, i would suggest downloading Limewire, but over the past few months it seems to have become more dangerous, with a few trojans floating around...
If your into newish stuff, try Itunes single of the week, advertised on the first page, its free, and there have been a few interesting artists in there!
If you want to listen to stuff online, without paying, try Deezer.com, free and legal!
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?