Keyboard in another language (and other probs)

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular

Keyboard in another language (and other probs)

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm

This bumpkin needs help!

Something has happened to the poota. It seems to be acting as though we've just bought it, well partially at least.

It*nes seems to have completely reset itself and whilst I've managed to restore some of it, the rest of it I'll have to do manually - boring.

IE has lost all record of my favourites - again not really a problem there was a load of rubbish on there anyhow.

But really annoyingly, it is treating my Spanish keyboard as though it is English (i.e. if I press _ then ? will come up instead as that is what is in that position on an english keyboard). Does anyone know what I can do to change this setting? We have wind*ws xp in english, though clearly this hasn't been a problem before.

BTW I'm typing this on my little eeepc, much less stressful!
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Clara

Re: Keyboard in another language (and other probs)

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 pm

I think I sorted it. Took a lot of trial and error though!

Now back to i-bleedin-tunes :cussing:
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

thecornflake
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Keyboard in another language (and other probs)

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Sounds like you might have run a system restore by accident. The keyboard is set under Control Panel ? Regional Settings - there's about five or six different places where languages and regions are held which is a right pain.

Return to “Tomorrow's World (Computing and Tech)”