Need sound advice on TVs

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Peggy Sue
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Need sound advice on TVs

I call that showing off :wink:
Just Do It!

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

I don't know much about Britain but in New Zealand Freeview just getting started and its a pain, and its not free if you have to buy the dam thing in the first place, personally I just rent a good River cottage DVD or read a good book

But don't replace what you don't need to just get set top box, otherwise your old TV's likely to end up in a landfill :flower:
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Peggy Sue

Yes I know what you mean homegrown, you have to buy the box AND the aeriel.
I'm all for not throwing stuff away but I also worry that if I ahve a box for everything will I ultimately use more electric? And if it's only a matter of a short time before the Tv gives out- bearing in mind it's ages etc etc
AND I don't want to end up with a fourth box that won't work! But maybe better a set top box that fails than the TV because of the freeview!

I like the idea of the virgin box, they are charging £5/month so they can come and fix it if it break :icon_smile:
Just Do It!