A question about apples (of the electronic kind)

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
benjaminlanglois
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 49.1734
longitude: -2.0861

A question about apples (of the electronic kind)

Hello all,

Have been having slight issues with my apples that I hope somebody can help me with: I have owned an iPhone for the last six months and a MacBook Pro for the last eight months or so and both have worked perfectly throughout, however last week within the space of a few hours both refused to connect to the internet. I checked my home internet connection - nothing wrong with it, checked my ISP - no problems there, checked friends' apples - they weren't having any problems, but both of mine were?!

Have now fixed my MacBook but the iPhone is still sulking (have threatened to throw the iPhone against the iWall if it keeps being an iPain).

Anyone else having this problem or is the evolution of technology beginning in my bedroom?

Benjamin Langlois madman or genius? Visit my website

Photographs on my Flickr profile
Stalk me on Twitter

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A question about apples (of the electronic kind)

Can't help you out there... sorry... I have a MacBook and the only thing is that it sometimes doesn't like our wifi connection.... 'turning it off and turning it back on again' always sorts it out. :dontknow:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Cloud
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have an iPhone that some times does this, and full shutdown and restart has always fixed it.

It has to be a full shutdown, not just putting it in to standby. Press the off button at the top for a few seconds until a red sider appears asking if you want to power off. It will take quite a few seconds, possibly a minute to power off. As soon as it's off it can be restarted again my holding the power button until a little white apple appears. This also take quite a time. Then give it a few more minutes to find the right signals and it should be working again.

It happens to me about once a month, especially if the WiFi signal is weak or drops out when I using it (because I'm in the wrong part of the house).
Image Image
Augustus and Hattie

benjaminlanglois
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 49.1734
longitude: -2.0861

Thanks for your replies, but the damn thing is still refusing. Will take it down to the Apple Geniuses (geniae?) next week and hopefully they can work their magic. So for now I have one of those ancient phones that can only, well, phone people :icon_smile:

Benjamin Langlois madman or genius? Visit my website

Photographs on my Flickr profile
Stalk me on Twitter

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

benjaminlanglois wrote:Thanks for your replies, but the damn thing is still refusing. Will take it down to the Apple Geniuses (geniae?) next week and hopefully they can work their magic. So for now I have one of those ancient phones that can only, well, phone people :icon_smile:

you mean one that you can only talk to people with ?? By you are honoured......
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger