IE/Firefox

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I use Opera on my DS and I reckon they did a good job so far as usability is concerned. my beef is with how my hand aches 'cos of that fliping stupid little stylus; the only method of typing on a DS... and also that I can't seem to find some symbols for some of my passwords.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

AXJ

Farout, one of my nippers has a DS lite, happily he also has a lap top, with a 17inch wide screen and keyboard we are a seriosuly wired family. I'll have to check out the browsing capabilities for the DS tho... I assume one needs a card to support it?

mrsflibble

Thankfully hubby is at work so I have the PC and can give my thumbs a rest lol!

one needs the internet browserpack. easy to find for a dslite, nightmare to find for a standard DS. I ended up in a bidding war on ebay for mine 'cos I have a standard DS.

You need the pack as it contains the browser and a memory expansion which fits in the GBA slot.
click here for link

Don't listen to twits in Game and such who say you need the DSlite version because of codeing/wifi routing differences. it's tosh. if you get the standard pack and shove it in a DSlite all that will happen is it'll stick out 1cm from the top of the slots; the size difference is why one can use DS standard pack in a lite, but not a lite pack in a standard.

It's great for forums but does not support flash so youtube is out, and facebook wont load properly either. For things like MSN, Google chat etc you ca use www.ebuddy.com. that's what i use to chat to my bro when I also want to watch telly lol!

I'm looking to buy myself a longer stylus to try and reduce strain when using it at home.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

AXJ

Thanks for that detailed info, nintendo sprog was interested untill he understood that it does not connect to the 3g network.

He managed to get hold of a stylus that is telescopic like a car arial, well cool and still fits in the holder on the gadget. Thats the one to lookout for :cooldude:

mrsflibble

:wink: Seen one, Colchester market. there's a bloke with a pitch near Thorntons who does lots of nintendo gadgets. I got my brother a stylus with a little pokemon character hanging off the end. My other brother wants one with a mario character on but market man didn't have any.

Yeah, the non-3g capability does suck for younger users, (hell it sucks for me too) but I'm 25 and all I need to look up is forums, email and the odd bit of chat. I basically only use it for chatting to mah Bro(s), mah peeps and checking mah mailzes if hubby is on the PC or I want to watch something on telly and my oldest younger brother needs support.

AXJ

mrsflibble wrote::wink: Seen one, Colchester market. there's a bloke with a pitch near Thorntons who does lots of nintendo gadgets. I got my brother a stylus with a little pokemon character hanging off the end. My other brother wants one with a mario character on but market man didn't have any.
Ahh, you have luck, our market only has local fruit and veg... mustn't grumble mind you, can't eat the Ninteno. :flower: