adobe flash player

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Brod
Tom Good
Tom Good

adobe flash player

The last couple of days every time i visit the site after a couple of seconds the text scrolls down "this site wants to install "Adobe pflash player etc" Click on the cross to delete it and it reappears when i open the next thread. Not only do i find the text scrolling down very irratating but it adds 20 secs or so every time i change thread and it adds up.

So can any more IT literate member tell me (in very baby steps please :lol: how i can permenantly delete it . ta.
“It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” - George Washington

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

hmmm...i have no idea...

I'm not that technically minded, but i thought i'd reply so that you know there's someone out there taking some notice!!

I'll move this to the technical thread - coomputers and whatnot, then it'll be seen by the more computery people.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you mean this site?????

John Headstrong

some of the adverts are flash based, that is why your computer is asking for flash player to be installed.

you could always install Adobe flash player.

I have changed the adverts to be text based, mainly because the "ethical superstore" adverts where getting far to much time.

Brod
Tom Good
Tom Good

Cheers for that. Being an emperical engineer rather than an electronics man I found it rather fustrating to have a problem and not knowing what to do about it.
“It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” - George Washington