Black shrew?

Another section by popular demand. If you want to talk about anything else that grows that is not livestock, herbs, fruit or vegetables here it goes.
MINESAPINT
Living the good life
Living the good life

Black shrew?

I was just about to drive up our lane yesterday when I noticed a mouse running about on the road. I watched it for a couple of minutes then carefully drove towards it. By now it was at the side of the road and I parked beside it. I stepped out of the car and picked it up and put it on the car seat. I could now see it was a black shrew with a long tail and white ears. I placed it carefully in the bottom of the hedge and drove off.

It is possible it was blind & deaf as it apparently neither saw or heard my diesel Land Rover.

Just thought I would have a google to see what it was and it seems they do not actually exist in the UK!

Any ideas?

MINESAPINT
MINESAPINT

MINESAPINT
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Black shrew?

Solved - Water Shrew.

MINESAPINT
MINESAPINT

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Glad to hear it. It certainly was a puzzle. It sounds lovely tho. Thank you for telling us about it. :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Reminds me of an experience I had in my garden of a year or two back, walking down the path one evening I noticed a smallish hedgehog in the garden so walked over to have a look where upon, it attacked my welly rather viciously, not a quick nip and off, or roll up quick he might put the boot in, oh no, it was a sustained attack which evenutaly had me rolled up with laughter, at the sight of a 3in ball hell bent on destoying a size 11 welly with me inside it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Millymollymandy

Cute looking shrew and cute tale about the hedgehog!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/