Knitters - are you on ravelry?

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Knitters - are you on ravelry?

I'm afraid if I join anything like that it will only add to the piles of patterns and about two suitcases full of wool I have cluttering up the house already... :pale:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

red

ina wrote:I'm afraid if I join anything like that it will only add to the piles of patterns and about two suitcases full of wool I have cluttering up the house already... :pale:
I can relate to that. I am being good and stash busting.. by making socks.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

linzibean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Oooh I am on Ravelry - username linzibean, original I know! I have only just learnt to knit so I'm doing really simple projects, but I'm getting there. I have just started the double knit scarf of DOOM, which is driving me bonkers!
When I was young people called me a hippy. Now I'm a bit older I'm just called environmentally aware..... that's progress!

Millymollymandy

Today is my get my old knitting out and try to get interested in it again day (SSish Day!). :shock:

I do actually want to start knitting again as there's so little of interest on the telly and I could be doing something useful instead!

I just have to remember HOW to do it first and how to decipher a pattern again! :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

ina

MMM - you can actually knit while you are watching telly... :wink: My 2mm circular needle broke at the weekend - I'm in real trouble now. They are difficult to get around here; I managed to get long 2mm ones in the nearest shop that sells crafty things (about 15 miles away), but I hate using them! And I want to get that Guernsey finished before I go on holiday, so I can start something new. :(
Ina

Millymollymandy

Ina I know I can knit whilst watching telly :lol: however the last couple of projects I tried were so complicated and I had to follow a graph and change wool all the way through the row and it took me one whole hour to knit one row! Not to mention all the untangling of the umpteen different balls of yarn I was using - I think that's why I got fed up with it all. This was about 14 years ago!

So I think I'll go back to knitting something a lot simpler! :mrgreen: I can never find the kind of 'ordinary' jumpers that I like in the shops either so really I will be doing myself a big favour!

Ooh I'm getting all excited now. :mrgreen:

ina

Yeah - definitely NOT Fair Isle while watching telly. :mrgreen:

I prefer the simple stuff, anyway; am now knitting my second Guernsey, and although it's very thin yarn and needles, I love it!
Ina

Millymollymandy

Well I got it out! I was right, there is a half done jumper - front and back are done and a third of each sleeve.

Only there are three different patterns - basket weave, diamond shapes and something called moss stitch - I only know cos there's a yellow sticky there with moss stitch written on it and loads of notes from me which must the the rows I had completed! :shock: :scratch:

Oh bum - I was hoping for something a bit easier! Still I will have a better look later and just take a ball of wool and some needles and have a practice and see if I can suss it out - cos I'd love to finish this jumper as it's really pretty and at least there is just the one yarn and it is a nice sort of dark grey/brown (taupe?) colour.

And as I have a bit of lower back pain for some reason today it would be a good gentle relaxing thing to do this pm. Well, when I say relaxing..... it could turn into a major temper tantrum with me chucking the whole lot out of the window in d i s gust. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why can't I type the word d1sgust? It just automatically puts a silly blue faced smilie in in place of my word? :angryfire:

red

i like to have some 'thinking' knitting on the go, and some simple 'tv' knitting that i dont have to look at!
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

etsy shop

blog

Millymollymandy

That's a sensible thing to do Red! Actually I am getting on fine with my knitting now but getting towards the bit where I've got to pick up stitches to do the neckline and thinking HELP! :scratch: :lol:

Something that I can't for the life of me work out how to do is to increase a stitch at the beginning of the row when I'm in purl. I just can't make it happen yet it is easy peasy when I doing a plain stitch! So as I'm doing moss stitch I just did all the increases in plain as it won't show anyway.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm glad you're re-enjoying knitting M3!

I'm knitting the PG tips Monkey at the moment. he's so cute! When i've finished him, i'm knitting another one in a different colour for my friend.

StripyPixieSocks

I'm on Ravelry as StripyPixieSocks... I've only just learned to knit in the last 6 months as I wanted to make something for my friends baby and ended up making 3 hats... no squares for me no siree straight for the complicated stuff :shock:

I'm currently making a wrap out of bobbly furry type stuff... looks awesome so far even if it isn't anything fancy :)

red

excellent :cheers:
Red

etsy shop

blog

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

aaah...stripy - are you the one that did it the other way round? joined the Ravelry group first and then joined Ish?

StripyPixieSocks

the.fee.fairy wrote:aaah...stripy - are you the one that did it the other way round? joined the Ravelry group first and then joined Ish?
No... I don't think so at least... I haven't joined any groups on Ravelry yet :D