Rainbow patchwork skirt

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Rainbow patchwork skirt

OK, this is the last of my patchwork things I'm going to force you all to look at, but this one took ages to make and I'm proud of it, so just indulge me one more time? Please? :wink: Rainbow Skirt Flickr Link
(I'm sorry about the flickr link - I can't resize my photos on this computer for various reasons I won't bore you with.)

The photo's a bit crappy because it's been really dark here today. I don't know where I'm going to wear it, but I love it. It's a full circle and it practically has a life of its own, it stands up without me in it. I'm slightly shocked by how much stash fabric I had hanging around, and I've even got enough to make another one (although I don't think I could face ever making one again - last night I was dreaming I had to ruffle another tier and woke up clutching the duvet).

(I put basic instructions how to make it and links to tutorials on my blog, just in case you have a spare few evenings that you want to spend wrestling patchwork strips or want to get your fabric stash under control!)
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Rainbow patchwork skirt

That's lovely. You've got a good eye for colour.

If it's a full circle then you'll have to wear it dancing. Take up rock n roll or modern jive, all the boys'll think you're wonderful.

Cheers
Zoe

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Lovely :cheers: Wish I had the patience to make one and the legs to wear one :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

Susie its fantastic, I used to have a huge warm patchwork quilt and your skirt makes me want to make another for a superking bed as the duvees just wont stay on.

PS my overalls are well on the way to looking the same.
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

becks77

Wow that's beautiful :flower:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

I love it!
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Susie

Thank you very much :hugish:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

crickett1234
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

That is totally fabulous! Very inspiring... I have a humungous stash of fabric (and wool come to that... oh, and embroidery silks... ummm can you see a pattern forming here?! LOL!) and I think some of it might be used on a skirt like that... except longer...because I don't want to scare the natives! Well done!
Best Wishes,

Clare Rickett

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" Herm Albright 1876-1944

citizentwiglet

Gorgeous!!!! I'm so jealous, I really need to get my bum into gear and get into making more things when stuff quietens down in the garden. Thing is, I haven't got a bloody clue.

Do you use a sewing machine, Susie? See, if you do - that would be me down at the first hurdle. Sewing machines, like fax machines and printers, hate me. I swear I give off some kind of Luddite anti-technology aura. I can't go into a room with a photocopier without it going, inexpicably, into meltdown.
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

frozenthunderbolt
Site Admin
Site Admin

citizentwiglet wrote:Gorgeous!!!! I'm so jealous, I really need to get my bum into gear and get into making more things when stuff quietens down in the garden. Thing is, I haven't got a bloody clue.

Do you use a sewing machine, Susie? See, if you do - that would be me down at the first hurdle. Sewing machines, like fax machines and printers, hate me. I swear I give off some kind of Luddite anti-technology aura. I can't go into a room with a photocopier without it going, inexpicably, into meltdown.
I have to admit to the same problem only it is late onset and specific to sewing machines. I was a fine wee tailor in highschool but this year i have broken innumerable needles, created more snarls than a fisherman and stuffed my G/fs machine just by touching it :shock:
Jeremy Daniel Meadows. (Jed).

Those who walk in truth and love grow in honour and strength

Susie

I do use a sewing machine - it's one I've had for years and we're used to each other, BUT I made a radical purchase recently and bought an overlocker (I'm trying to sew things to sell, and you have to finish the seams.) Well, I sewed over a pin, and I broke it (the overlocker, not the pin) - the shop I bought it from tried to repair it but it broke again and they had to swap it - so I thought I was ok with sewing machinery but now I'm nervous!

(Sewing machines do just snarl up randomly - mine normally waits until I'm rushing to get something done and have about 3 inches to go.)
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

red

i think the skirt is fab and i want to make one. even having read your funny blog about your adventures with the serger (think i might finish seams on sewing machine)
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Stunning

One complaint...it isn't in my size! :lol:

Please keep posting pics. I, for one, love to see them.

Mw
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Touchwood
Tom Good
Tom Good

It's beautiful Susie :flower: You've got me wondering what I can do with my material stash now. :iconbiggrin:

gigglybug

Wow! That is lovely!!!
I really must get to grips with my sewing machine!
Amanda

Facebook group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34623838139
If your near W-S-M please join!