Patchwork cushions

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Eigon
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Patchwork cushions

I was rooting around in my stash cupboard when I came across a bag containing five crazy patchwork squares which I think were intended to be part of a throw for a couch. It's hard to be sure, because it must be fifteen years ago that I made them. And I don't have the couch any more.
So I found some roughly matching backing material (an orange curtain for the orange squares and some navy cotton with little flowers for the navy and black squares) and made cushion covers out of them instead. For the inside of the cushions I tore in half the insides of two pillows, and kept one cushion cover spare.
I must say, they're brightening up my settee very nicely!
"The best way to get real enjoyment out of the garden isto put on a wide straw hat, hold a little trowel in one hand and a cool drink in the other, and tell the man where to dig."
Charles Barr

Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Patchwork cushions

They sound lovely. I love patchwork, especially anything involving an orange curtain and the word 'crazy'. :iconbiggrin: Any chance of a picture?
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Big Al

Eigon wrote:I was rooting around in my stash cupboard when I came across a bag containing five crazy patchwork squares which I think were intended to be part of a throw for a couch. It's hard to be sure, because it must be fifteen years ago that I made them. And I don't have the couch any more.
So I found some roughly matching backing material (an orange curtain for the orange squares and some navy cotton with little flowers for the navy and black squares) and made cushion covers out of them instead. For the inside of the cushions I tore in half the insides of two pillows, and kept one cushion cover spare.
I must say, they're brightening up my settee very nicely!

.... and the pictures are where?? :icon_smile:
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Eigon
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sadly, I don't have a camera at the moment. My old one started to eat batteries - I had to take the batteries completely out of the camera as soon as I'd taken a picture and they would still only last four or five shots - and I've not got round to getting a new one yet.
I really just wanted to brag that I'd finally finished something!
"The best way to get real enjoyment out of the garden isto put on a wide straw hat, hold a little trowel in one hand and a cool drink in the other, and tell the man where to dig."
Charles Barr