All things yarny...

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
thethriftysquirrels
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: All things yarny...

Oh my..I love those socks too...but knitting is the one thing I've never managed to get the hang of :( I can do the stitches, no problem, even cable but for some reason I just could not get the hang of shaping anything :dontknow:

Very inspirational though...maybe I could give it another try...sometime :iconbiggrin:
It wasn't until late in life that I discovered how easy it is to say, 'I don't know.' W. Somerset Maugham

My blog: http://thethriftysquirrels.co.uk please take a look and enter the competition!

snapdragon
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Ah I do like to knit socks, because if I knit jumpers I get to the sleeves and lose the will :oops: -
I always start the pair together on one small circular needle each then the pair mostly (but not always) match :lol: sadly I've been making socks in bamboo yarn for family members who are wool allergic and although they're well received I find the yarn tedious for my fingers and much prefer handspun or other wool yarn with spring.

Your colourwork socks are magnificent :cheers: I've seen similar patterns on Garnstudio Drops site but know I'm rubbish at keeping the right tension so haven't dared try
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

bonniethomas06

Wow, those socks are FABULOUS! I wish I could knit socks, let alone pretty patterned socks. One day - I am currently grappling with a Sara Lund 'The Killing' tribute jumper.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

tizzy
Tom Good
Tom Good

Love those socks! Very nicely made :icon_smile:

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

bonniethomas06 wrote:Wow, those socks are FABULOUS! I wish I could knit socks, let alone pretty patterned socks. One day - I am currently grappling with a Sara Lund 'The Killing' tribute jumper.
I use an easy recipe for toe up socks . .. argh Sara Lund has a lot to answer for :lol:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6: