What music are you people into?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
smbm
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

What music are you people into?

I'm partial to a little of everything with a heavy emphasis on '60s to '90s rock and only slightly less emphasis on folk (British and American).

But I really do listen to pretty much everything.

Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What music are you people into?

I´m pretty eclectic too, though most classical music makes me homicidal!

A typical day like today has seen Johnny Cash, Gillian Welsh (if you don´t know her check it out), Amy Winehouse, Marvin Gaye, Toots and The Maytals and the Jungle Book soundtrack go through the stereo.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Russian Doll

erm the lazytown theme tune...the tweenies theme tune oh and the doctor who theme tune...can you tell i have kids

when i get a chance i love the pogues..heavy metal..anything different

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I'm what one of my exes described as a "rock goblin" I scurry about from sub genre to sub genre (metal, modern, goth, rock&roll...). I'm also into a little bit of the country and I'm a massive dolly parton fan. one day I WILL visit Dollywood. I like a bit of the Bally Sagoo plus I'm into bhangra. I will listen to pop and I am also partial to a little beethoven, prokofiev and vivaldi.

and I love happy hardcore rave music.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

I always used to get eclectic mixed up with epileptic! But yeah I have varied tastes too...

Indie is my current favourite genre, but since it's summer I like to throw a good dash of reggae in there, and some drum'n'bass and stadium rock for good measure. I'm also partial to heavy metal, thrash, punk, ska, "world music" and "alternative rock" though those last two really do span a massive amount of material.

Interesting thread though, I never would have thought to ask about music tastes on ish! Works for me :mrgreen:
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Just Country and Blues now a days, go'es well with a cold beer under the old oak on a summers eve.
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

The Richards: Strauss and Wagner, with occasional visits to earlier periods.

Once in a while, folk or country, pre-1970s.

Mostly I like to listen to the wind blowing, the leaves brushing up against the house, the birds in the morning, and the soothing sound of my air purifier destroying icky things.

urbanwookie
Tom Good
Tom Good

mrsflibble wrote:I'm what one of my exes described as a "rock goblin" I scurry about from sub genre to sub genre (metal, modern, goth, rock&roll...).
Nice definition! :c)

I listen to anything from Tom Waits to The Clash to Frank Zappa and back again via anything folky/rootsy.

I also like some modern classical and jazz (primarily be-bop) but don't get much opportunity to listen to it as OH regards it as anti-social noise!

rb

hedgewitch

Radiohead, Pixies, Simon and Garfunkle, The Verve, Faithless, The Clash, Blondie, Hawkwind, Sneaker Pimps, UNKLE, Mercury Rev, Mazzy Star, The Pogues, Green Day, Stone Roses, T-Rex, Fleetwood Mac, Placebo, The Only Ones, Neil Young, Cat Stevens, Moloko, The Doors, Kate Bush, Nick Drake, Pink Floyd, Gomez, Dido, Wailing Souls, Culture, Misty in Roots, Alison Kraus, ACDC, Sonkite........better stop there.
I like most music.
:flower:
My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.

Lady Willow
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hey, I wanna hang out at Hedgewitch's - good music :mrgreen: If I come to yours and lounge around all day listening to music, will you bring me biscuits and wine regularly?

I'll bring some Paul Weller, Amy Winehouse, Nick Cave, Richard Hawley, Robert Wyatt, Led Zep, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Kazabian and a bit of chill out music.

(I'll bring a big choccie cake too :lol: )

Teasal
Tom Good
Tom Good

Well, being a sixties baby I suppose I should say the Beatles, but ....for some reason I do not like their music, although my Mum assures me used to be singing "she loves you, yeah yeah yeah when I was four!"

I like Rock and Roll, all sixties and seventies stuff, Meatloaf, Def Leppard- go to see them in concert with OH, as they are from Sheffield, so good to see them in their home town. Also like Shania Twain. Oh, I also like Irish accordian music - vey much into Foster and Allen etc. So pretty much a mixed bag of my tastes.OH is in to Status Quo, and has been to their concert every year for about thirty five years.

hedgewitch

Lady Willow wrote:Hey, I wanna hang out at Hedgewitch's - good music :mrgreen: If I come to yours and lounge around all day listening to music, will you bring me biscuits and wine regularly?
I will have the servants do it!
:mrgreen:
Lady Willow wrote:(I'll bring a big choccie cake too :lol: )
Deal!
My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

well depending on my mood(s)vivaldi,beach boys,michelle toomes, celtic music,swing ,blues,regae,ska,david gray,don`t like rap,irish accordian music,ceili music,not keen on irish ballards somebody always dies,leaves,shoots the dog or something miserable,bit like the waltons meets lassie and all die tragically to music,christy moore i also like ,but at the moment its swing music that gets played alot oh and nat king cole,just gone through playing red indian tribal music and storm and rain music,i like listening to storms,and rain forest sounds, and i just recently discovered the name of a tune they play on an advert i like , The galway girl,last one i liked was snow patrol and i bought one of their cd`s,there now, heavens above what a mix! oh and i listen to christian stuff too mostly the happy clappy stuff :cheers:

pumpy

how about a "Wilberry" type-thing, with Ian Dury,Iggy Pop,Jim Croche & Bob Segar?
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I swing from Folk to Rock and back again. I particularly love a bit of 'Folkery Pokery' as performed by 3 Daft Monkeys and Kilnaboy.

I'm particularly looking forward to Spratton Folk Festival. The Peatbog Faeries are playing!