busy busy flibble

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

busy busy flibble

recently i have been run off my feet, but this weekend i have been chilling a bit and have had my brothers and sister to visit again because our parents are in nottingham.

i have had a rather steep-ish learning curve, but here are my observations....

stuff i have learnt this weekend:

1. teenagers do not like washing up, but if you shout loud enough and/or withhold snacks they will do it. i'd never withold meal, that's just cruel.

2. do not leave a teen to its own devices to make its own bed up, it would rather sleep on the floor wrapped in its dressing gown aparently. all bedding was provided and an explanation on its use given!

3. teenagers do not like being wet.

3.a or cold.

4. my sister is sooooo not a size 12-14. my trousers fit her; bit baggy on the waist but they're an 18 which makes her a 16 if anything which brings me to

5. my mum should stop lying to loo, even if it is just to make her feel better. clothes that fit can shrink ones waistline; she should listen to Gok. i have not told loo for fear of sending her anorexic but somehow mum needs to get her to notice before it's too late.... mind you, put me and mum and loo together and you see a pattern...

6. my mum should start following through on punishments; hard love really does gets results!!!

7. pop tarts get results too.

8. halloween is more fun with teenagers.

9. 2 18" pizzas is too much food for 5 adult size people.

10. teenagers like cold pizza.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

invisiblepiper

Re: busy busy flibble

:lol: sooo true - especially the Halloween bit!
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

StripyPixieSocks

HAHA ahhhh remember when we were teenagers? I bet our Moms all said the same thing minus perhaps the Pizza and Pop Tarts of course... and the internet forum HAHA!

I always laugh when my sister moans about the kids and really upset her by telling her she sounds just like our Mom when we were younger... :lol:

Flo

Ha the best bit about being a grandparent is that you get to train the teenogres in the things you learned from their parents :mrgreen: