sunshine!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

sunshine!

its amazing what a little bit of sunshine and milder weather can do...over the last week I have dug part of my allotment, made myself an apron, de cluttered, cleaned and tidied my house, got on top of the washing mountain, not used my dryer (YAY!! :cheers: ), baked, cooked and been generally very productive and domestic! and, I am going to start to tackle my junked up back garden tomorrow, plus sort out loads of paperwork.

I love a little sunshine!
There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sunshine!

I could do with some... I am having real motivation problems these days, trying to loose a bit of weight too so the automatic reaction is to cosy up on the setee :(
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

starchild
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

It was amazing here yesterday. I was outdoors all day digging the garden with just a t-shirt on my top half - it was so warm!

The first daffodils came out in the garden and I saw a robin flying about taking nesting material into our ivy. It felt very spring like - and I agree with the motivation. Today it's grey and I haven't bothered to step outside.
Follow our family's progress as we work through our zero waste challenge:
http://myzerowaste.com/

For all aspects of greener living
http://littlegreenblog.com/

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

I like this time of year - as soon as the sun comes out I start craving salad! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

JulieSherris

:::nods in agreement:::

I've even had the back door open a few days this week - even the cloudier days have been mild.

We have about a half dozen robins in & around the garden - they've been following Andy while he was digging the tractor track - he's been the main worm giver :wink:
I've called them Douglas - all of them, because I can't tell them apart... yet :mrgreen:

I now have a very large bucket of deep dark soil ready for the seed trays, which will be done & on the windowsills tonight - it's spring, Yay!! :cheers: :flower:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

theabsinthefairy

yay - sunshine :cheers: :cheers:

It has been lovely the last few days I have felt so much more cheerful and keen to get on with things.

Our front door and bed room windows have been open everyday - really clears that winter fug away and freshens everything up.

~Unfortunately we have snow forecast for the end of the week - so glad we got outside and cleared back the bramble and hawthorne growth over the last couple of days ~ :shaking: :shaking: brrrrrrrrrr
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh please send us some.... I was trying to get started on the polytunnel today but didn't get very far, it kept raining :( :( :( Still got lots of work done but it was to cold to stand still and think, and sometimes thats what you need to do.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Not so much sunshine in Manchester this week but it is nice and mild, the birds are twittering and our bat is making the most of the mige population.

I have got all the beds reddy for planting and i am soaking my new apple trees i got from Aldi this afternoon so i will be diging tomorow, One step closer to free cider! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I love spring!! :flower: :flower:

Eve

Rosendula

I was down the allotment today too. It wasn't sunny here, but the air was fresh and mild, the birds were singing. It was just the right temperature for working in - no sweaty armpits :pukeright: , yet no shivering on rest breaks. Oh, and the weeds are starting to poke through too :? :sunny: :lol:
Rosey xx

Millymollymandy

I've got lots done in the garden in the last week because it's been nice and dry although not a lot of sunshine. Yesterday was lovely though and I made sure I was weeding flowerbeds in the sun - without a jacket on! :shock: :lol: We also didn't light our fire until 6pm!!!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

invisiblepiper

A mild day inspired me to buy two blackcurrant bushes from our local F@ctory shop - £2 a piece - and I don't need to drive 7 miles to get them! Didn't mind the drizzle - planting tomorrow! :flower:
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

The last two days have been fantastic!

Yesterday I went to Ullapool with my neighbour. The drive down was lovely - glorious sunshine, deep snow up on the tops, clear roads, no traffic. We had a swim, which made me feel sooo good. Then chai and cake and home - lovely.

Today, I cleared and dug out half the polytunnel so tomorrow I can get some early salad stuff and mange tout (thanks again secret santa).

I feel invigorated and ready for to get stuck into the garden proper. :toothy10:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin