Annoying other half

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Annoying other half

listen this sounds like its all going TOO far, calm down ladies :tongue:
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

wolfsong wrote:calm down
Perhaps this was just another suggestion of things craig shouldn't say.....................

:lol:
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

yes, but i'm counting on your better reason...
SG, i never take emotional advice from anyone (probably why i'm so wierd)

anyway Craig, just think about the relationship at its root levels.

EDIT instead of making this even longer, aye i got that it was a joke, and my humour goes round a couple of mathematically impossible corkscrews, meaning that my post was too :shaking2: :shaking2: :shaking2: :shaking2:
Last edited by wolfsong on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I have to say that telling complete strangers that they must split up from their partner feels a bit scarey. Although having said that, the anonymity is often an advantage.

So I won't echo the above advice to dump her. However you might want to have a look at a few things
-how you two got together,
-have you (or your partner) changed lifestyle since then
-do you have more things in common than not
-are you just trying to avoid decorating (money issues aside) :lol:
-how would you feel if you never saw her again

I think if you answer those questions honestly, you'll get a clearer picture of what action is required.

And if necessary, glue the new shoes to several boards (artistically) and mount them on the wall to finish off the new decorations. :shock:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

boboff wrote: Unless she's a 4ft Nymphomaniac whose Dad runs a Pub, then I would act sooner rather than later.
I haven't said anything on this thread as I haven't any good advice, but have been reading it with interest. Was a bit shocked at some of the postings suggesting it might be best to dump her, but hey this is Ish and we give good practical advice!

But anyway. :lol:

All I really wanted to know, Boboff, is why does it matter what height she is if she has the other attributes - or are you attracted to very short women? :lol:

OH SHIT, just got the joke. :oops: :mrgreen: Well I won't mention long tongues!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Green Aura wrote:And if necessary, glue the new shoes to several boards (artistically) and mount them on the wall to finish off the new decorations.
hehe... thats all that most modern women's shoes are good for, take them back to the shop and get a good pair of Berghaus walking boots.

and also don't just dump her... just cos we're ecofriendly doesn't mean we are all prophets (well most of us anyway :wink: )

(and i didn't get the dwarf reference either but thats not a problem :roll: )

Cloud
Living the good life
Living the good life

Craig, do you really love her? If the answer is yes then you need to be putting all your efforts in to finding a way to do the decorating.

Hope, but don't expect, that she'll be more understanding. If she sees you are willingly prepared to work towards something she wants, and knowing how much you are quietly sacrificing then I would hope she would be the one to offer the compromise.

Of course you now have to let us all know how this resolves. Good luck.
Image Image
Augustus and Hattie

boboff

Millymollymandy wrote: or are you attracted to very short women? :lol:
Only ones with flat heads........
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

despite many of us considering being green to be vitally important, it is a 'lifestyle' choice and like any other lifestyle it is a choice and our personal choice. i personally think that it is very important not to expect anyone other then yourself to provide yourself with the lifestyle that you have chosen or desire, weaver it be green or consumerist.

therefore my advice is to not expect her to provide you or help you provide yourself with the green lifestyle that you desire, to do it yourself by yourself but keep the door open encase she wishes to join in at some point.

however in return you must not be expected to provide her with her lifestyle and both of you should respect each others choices, she must respect yours and you must her hers. if you can't do this, provide for yourselves and respect each other, then it's not really going to work, if you can then your differences should not pose a problem

yugogypsy

Craig,

I'll just say this, been there, done that. I wanted to farm, he wanted to keep up to the Joneses. I've been 10 years without him now, found a wonderful guy who loves to garden, loves animals and takes excellent
care of me.

I really think you should take some "personal time" to examine your relationship. It sounds as if you two are poles apart.

It took from 94-99 for me to get free of the abuse I lived with, and it sounds rather like you're also being used if you sacrificed a bread maker for shoes. BTW I have 3 prs of shoes,2 for home and garden, 1 for dress, ditto for boots, plus I have riding boots I bought MYSELF!!

Good Luck

Lois

craig.r
Tom Good
Tom Good

wow, i have never laughed so much after reading all of the above in my life. Unfortunately my oh is a little over 4ft and her dad doesn't run a pub :? . I got the breadmaker in the end with money from xmas and my birthday and i am now saving for a wood burning stove and evacuated tubes. My oh was overweight but has lost nearly 5 stone since going to slimming world. She is starting to come around to my way of thinking but very very slowly. I must admit that because of the kids its never easy to just say thats enough. We want to move to norfolk in about 7 years so i suppose i should just do what i can here and really go for it when we move. I decorated in the end :cheers: . oh yeah, she is still extremely annoying and does try her best to spend the money we are saving. I have been talking about getting hens for eggs and for the kids but she shows very little interest, she may show interest when i get them :dontknow:
Its Good to be green but even better to be self sufficient.

flyonthewall
Tom Good
Tom Good

Craig I have an OH who isn't really into all the green stuff either, but he did come around to the allotment and now loves it. If she's been brought up consumerist, it's not an easy habit to break, I was brought up in a more "ish" way but I did go through a consumerist phase when I was younger. I guess the green way of life makes some people panic, think of austerity, and giving up their creature comforts, but it doesn't have to be that way. Maybe try and phase things in so to speak?
allotment digging, fresh air loving Yorkshire lass

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

Hi Craig,

Love is one of the greatest resources we have, could I suggest that you suggest to her that if she helps you sort the lot you could sell some of the produce to raise funds for the decorating and when you have enough in the budget that you'll give her and the walls your undivided attention.

My OH collects metal roosters and russian dolls, not usually in our budget so when i have a good run on plant sales I give her $$ towards them.

HG
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

yugogypsy wrote:Craig,

I'll just say this, been there, done that. I wanted to farm, he wanted to keep up to the Joneses. I've been 10 years without him now, found a wonderful guy who loves to garden, loves animals and takes excellent
care of me.

I really think you should take some "personal time" to examine your relationship. It sounds as if you two are poles apart.

It took from 94-99 for me to get free of the abuse I lived with, and it sounds rather like you're also being used if you sacrificed a bread maker for shoes. BTW I have 3 prs of shoes,2 for home and garden, 1 for dress, ditto for boots, plus I have riding boots I bought MYSELF!!

Good Luck

Lois
Lois! You're back! :cheers:
"Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Cree Indian prophecy

My Blogette

Millymollymandy

Brij, this is an old thread from June!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/