Turn of the century vintage

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Turn of the century vintage

I think the last time I was the height of cool (or so I thought :iconbiggrin: ) was when I was a punk and that was *ahem* :oops: :oops: :oops: before you were born Jessiebean. :lol:

Didn't keep any of the clothes though! :iconbiggrin:

But I've seen fashions come and go like platform shoes (jeez, think they're fashionable for about the 3rd time since they appeared when I was at school!). Bell bottoms, hipsters, drainpipe trousers, mini skirts, long/maxi skirts, well hell there's only so much they can do with length of skirts and width of trouser bottoms - they are bound to come back again at some point! :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

With trousers,they could go for one long leg & one short :lol:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Millymollymandy

I can do that (and have*) with my zip off trousers! :iconbiggrin:

* Only for a silly photo.

grahamhobbs

But let's all hope droopy bottoms, crutch where your thighs should be, show your Kalvin Kleins, trousers don't come back in fashion again - they would make even a punk puke

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Millymollymandy wrote:I guess modern young people move house with a few clothes and everything else on a memory stick whatsit thingy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i'm 27. i collect books, especially ver old or very odd cookbooks (for instance my bilingual cinese/english cookbook by the hongkong gas company circa 1960s or SPAM by marguerite patten) or household managements/child rearing manuals. i love the smell and feel of books, old or new. i love the comfort they give me. the portability. the convenience. all of my handbags are big enough to hold a small paperback.

i crochet. i sew. i enjoy the odd game of bingo and i have been told i am a "young fogie" lol.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Tippychooks
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

There will be another word for vintage soon - as soon as it started to include the 1990s they lost me.

As a quick aside to your vinyl to cd musings, is there a way to put old photos or negatives onto CD? Do companies do that?

Has anyone noticed how people seem to need more space to live than ever, but all of our stuff is getting smaller? :dontknow:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

If you've got a scanner you can do it yourself - the prints anyway. I think you can get proper negative scanners as well but I've no idea how much it'd cost.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

I also have a turntable, not that old as I only bought it in the mid nighties, still an antique based on what I read here... I love my old LPs and will not get rid of them either. it is like my books, they are all moving with me when I next move. I will just have to get a larger container and that is it!
As for the fashion, get ready for the eighties lovely (NOT) shoulder pads. If you still have some hanging in the wardrobe and you like them no more, sell them on fleebay, otherwise wear them again.

Millymollymandy

Oh I used to love shoulder pads, no not the really HUGE ones like Joan Collins wore in Dynasty but normal ones. :iconbiggrin:

When my stepfather died a few years back I had to get out my old posh navy trench coat I'd last worn when I last worked in London (a long time ago!!) and imagine my shock and embarassment to discover it had shoulder pads!!! I felt like a right twit but then thought, hell most men only get their one and only suit out for weddings and funerals so they're probably all outdated too. :lol:

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I always hoped to grow old disgracefully and...................now I've found that I have! :mrgreen:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/