Making bath salts.

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
thesunflowergal
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Making bath salts.

Hi All

I have been making bath salts with my eldest daughter today as Christmas presents. I have been using Epsom Salts, as per instructions that I found on the internet as its the first time that I have made anything like this. But the espom salt is very fine, and I was hoping for something a little more chunky looking. I am going to get a bit of dried lavender to mix in for a bit of interest, but at the moment it looks like jars of sugar :lol:

All ideas welcome, thanks :hugish:
Stay at home Mummy to Orin 8, Trixie 6 and Temogen 4 . Also three Chickens Dottie, Poppy and Dr Mumbo. Three cats called Flossie and Pickle and Lexi.

Check out my blog:
http://ramblingsofasunflowergal.blogspot.co.uk/

organicsi
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Making bath salts.

Hi, I thought it was washing soda (not to be confused with caustic) that has nice big crystals that you can colour with natural food colouring. I can send you some Slovenian lavender flowers if you can't get any! Just give me shout I think the post is only a couple of days.
Another thing I tried is to make some herb salt for cooking. I just got cheap sea salt and mixed in dried herbs and chilli flakes, put it in nice jars I had saved. Preserved lemons are easy too just need salt, lemons and jars there is still time to make them in for christmas!
Hope you are all keeping your chins up and the weather is not getting you down.