Have you ever seen a ghost?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Have you ever seen a ghost?

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:09 am

That is the problem isn't it? That it could be something spectoral, but just as easily could be something totally rational.

For example, in the cottage of the headmistresses house that I described above where I was staying, even before I went around for dinner and was told about the ghost in the manor house next door (I had asked), I just felt so uneasy and nervy (but had already assumed there must be a ghost somewhere as it was all very ancient). As we sat in the living room talking about ghosts, there was a candelabra above the seating area with three mock candles in it (electric). The lightbulbs took it in turns to go out, one, two, three, in a really measured and non-flickering way, and then went back to working normally.

On top of that, I felt constantly as if I was being watched, all night, and didn't sleep a wink. I was so scared I made the person I was with get up at 5.30am and drive home!!

I have also recently heard from a previous tenant that my converted coach house was exorcised!! Apparently there was a ghost of a horse and a stable boy in the living room (which used to be a stable). I did ask the landlady about it, but she went a bit quiet and shushed up one of the locals we were sitting with at the pub. I wasn't that freaked out though... the idea of a horse ghost is quite funny, and doesn't feel at all sinister to me. Not sure if exorcism is a good or a bad thing, just hope it didn't stir up anything else....
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Sky
Living the good life
Living the good life

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:24 am

Now I want to laugh at your post lol ... but seeing as I posted earlier I can't, can I lol.

I don't even believe what I saw, it's just what I thought I saw on the day????

Milims

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

I have never seen a ghost but I do have a theory about them. We are told in 'O' level physics that energy is neither created or destroyed, it only changes from one for to another. So there must be something that 'Pushes' the energy into changing - a stronger force. But what happens if a stronger or appropriate force doesn't just happen to come along? As living beings we are bundles of energy, electrical impulses make our hearts beat, we give off heat, we move, we think. If on an occasion our energies are particularly concentrated, perhaps in a time of extreme fear, or anger, or movement, or passion, then is it not possible that the energies are "stuck" in that place?
My sis used to live on a farm on top of the Roman Wall where there were frequent sightings of soldiers and often the sound of voices and partying. It is an ancient and lonely place, so perhaps the energy simply rested there quietly until conditions were right for it to flow. Who knows?? :dontknow:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

fumanchu
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 56.N

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Oh Milims - I'd love a house down there, I love the Romans, they were awesome. People shouldnt worry about ghosts, the living are much more dangerous. I dont know anybody who got mugged by a ghost :mrgreen:

bonniethomas06

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:52 pm

I love how the adverts on the right are now for paranormal investigators and spirit guides. And strangely...LED lighting??

Sorry Sky, ment to answer your earlier question, the book I was talking about was 'Second Glance' by Jodi Picoult - well, the first few chapters anyway, after about half way (when the man falls in love with the ghost), it gets a bit silly.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

cafe_tom
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Evening all, long time no speaks.
I believe I have seen a ghost. Back in the 90s I was on an ATC camp up at RAF Turnhouse. A bunch of us wandered from the portakabins we were billeted in across the grass to the playground part.
We were about half way and the air was a bit misty, not heavy, just a bit misty. Through the mist came an oldish looking bloke with a dog. He was wearing a long greatcoat and I couldn't really make out the dog. We said 'evening' and he doffed his trilby.
A couple of seconds later I turned and he was nowhere to be seen.
There must have been at least 100m between us and the kabins, and he had vanished.
I prodded another of the lads and he turned also, again seeing nothing. We had a quick chat and agreed we had all seen the guy in the mist, but not seen him approach nor leave.
There was no ill feelings at all, just strange.
Bored? Try My Blog
Really bored? Read My Book

The Riff-Raff Element

Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 am

fumanchu wrote:Oh Milims - I'd love a house down there, I love the Romans, they were awesome. People shouldnt worry about ghosts, the living are much more dangerous. I dont know anybody who got mugged by a ghost :mrgreen:
Quite. I've never seen a ghost (though guests who stayed in one of the gites swear it was haunted :shock: I think it was just the plumbing meself :iconbiggrin: ). I've seen plenty of horror and pretty much all of it was man-made, either deliberatly or through plain ol' lack of interest.

sleepyowl

Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:03 pm

I also stayed at The Howling Hill House Hotel just outside Ross-on-Wye (agood place for ishers to stay as most of the food is locally sourced & with the exception of HP sauce is organic allof it is organic too) anyway back to the tale, my partner & myself were staying in the 'most haunted' room in the hotel, the only thing that bump in the night was my friend Alix forgeting that there was another step down in the adjoining bathroom.
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/