Stupid, stupid people......

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Re: Stupid, stupid people......

going abck to the chicken and duck milk thing, yu could inform the lady that those tiny pots you get in cafes are chicken and duck milk. they don't give much which is why the pots are so small....
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Susie

I think we're really cut off from how things are produced and people just don't know. I mean, I think most people have worked out the bit about hens and milk ;-) but I can understand the bit about flowers and strawberries. I dread to think what I would have thought about how things grow before we got our garden, I didn't even know things like when daffodils come out. I probably thought they came out in August. I probably thought August was a lovely month with elderflowers and chestnuts all in season together and gardens full of daffodils and snowdrops :wink: . Also it's like if you buy veg in the supermarket, often people don't know what it is you're buying because they're cut off from actual veg and I have to explain so they can get the right code. I once floored someone with peas in the pod, I didn't think it was obscure, but it was to him! (And root ginger).

I hope that woman perseveres with her strawberries! That's nice to have inspired someone, even if she cocked it up initially :cheers: .
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Keaniebean

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's fantastic Julie, It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people really are, although I was truly alarmed at a question one of the remaining 'Aprentice' candidates asked asked the other night, bearing in mind that these are meant to be super intelligent types that will be working for lord Sugar for LOTS of money.

She was wondering if she should use a child's car seat to sell as part of that weeks task and turned round to the other person in the room and said 'Do the French like their children?' :shock: :

The answer's obvious .... the French, eat their kids, with garlic and oil don't they? :wink: :lol: How could she have not known!
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Mr and Mrs luvpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

your right in saying that clever people and common sense don't always go together, my eldest sister once travelled home from university (she was reading english language at birmingham) her journey took nearly 5 hours at the end of which all she was interested in was finding dad big dictonary as a friend had told her gullible wasn't in it anymore!!!

somehow she got a first, god knows how :D
the ever growing luvpie household currently contains, 4 boys, 4 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 4 fish, an empty tropical fish tank waiting new arrivals, now are we daft to look at our broody hen thinking, if we got some fertilised eggs........

spider8

A relation of mine - by marriage, I hasten to add - once put her dirty chopping board in a sink full of water overnight........it was one made-up of lots of small blocks of wood and she was met with a sink full of wooden blocks bobbing in the water the next morning :roll: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Going back to Strawberries, I had some plants on my desk at work the other week ( a gift from a collegue) and my boss stopped by to ask what they were. When I told him strawberries he looked at me like I was stupid and said not to be so daft, strawberries come in plastic boxes. And this guy had a very expensive private education? He's not one of natures little farmers bless him....

John Headstrong

Susie wrote:
I hope that woman perseveres with her strawberries! That's nice to have inspired someone, even if she cocked it up initially :cheers: .

I think you have it there. In a few years time she may well be giving some friends a tour of her expansive veggy plot telling people that when she first started she "dead headed strawberries" and other tails of being a newbie. I love the fact that someone is giving it ago, even if they are not really in tune, yet. Give her a copy of the Ish bible ! :study:

Millymollymandy

I like it too and also the fact she's actually interested in buying free range chook (or is it eggs) from Julie rather than just going to a supermarket so there must be something that interests her.

My newbie (with chickens) blunder was asking if the vent was the hole where the eggs came out of or the poop came out of. :mrgreen:

Still think dead heading strawbs is hysterical though. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bonniethomas06

Hehehe, I had to laugh Milims. I love the stories from your fancy dress shop...you could write a book.

Must be a good fun place to work.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

kazaddress
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Brilliant, what a great person to know when your feeling a bit dumb and need a pic-me-up :)
kaz
PhD student and computer nerd

Susie

I've thought of something I used to think. When you buy free-range eggs that say 'from chickens allowed to roam free during the daylight hours!' I thought poor chickens, that's not really free range, that's cheating. This despite the fact that I actually used to look after some friends' chickens when they went away, and make sure to lock them up tightly in their little house at dusk because of the foxes. Clearly never made the connection. Or possibly I thought foxes were only dangerous in Cambridge and were vegetarian in the country?
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

oohh dear :lol: - this is reminding me of Stoneys tale about the couple who wanted to buy some pigs - for the sausages
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Masco&Bongo
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.930141
longitude: -2.969870

snapdragon wrote:oohh dear :lol: - this is reminding me of Stoneys tale about the couple who wanted to buy some pigs - for the sausages
I remember that.... the sausages they must lay in the pig-nests... cos you don't have to kill them for sausages, do you?!?! :lol:
"Its not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Bruce Wayne

Blog: http://mistressofmeals.blogspot.com/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

OK - here's one that's bound to wind up all the home-eders around here.

I was talking to someone (we'll call them ANO) about the daughter of a mutual acquaintance who has just been offered a place at a highly-thought-of University after completing a diploma at an equally-highly-though-of college. ANO said that she couldn't understand how as the girl couldn't have any qualifications as she'd never been to school.

I responded that she'd been home educated - it's not quite the same thing.

Zoe

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

:lol: :scratch: That made my day, stil giggling but I do de :roll: spair sometimes
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.