Im so annoyed with myself!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Im so annoyed with myself!

Grrrrrr! I hardly slept last night cause I'm so mad at myself! The kids hav 2 ferrets, raa raa and bubbles, they r really friendly. We've never had any bother with them but the last few days they have started to break out, no matter what we do they just keep escaping!
Last night a friend called in to see us and didn't leave till after 10, by this time normally all r animals would hav been fed and closed up for the night. We went out to feed up and found the ferrets missing, I told my hubbie I would go down and close the geese in and then find them. When I went down to the geese raa raa was there and he had killed 2 of r 3 goslings. Mother goose was going mad and had done everything to protect them. It broke my heart. So Christmas dinner has gone and mother goose and the remaining baby r both pretty traumatized.
We caught both ferrets and they r secure in a carry box but they have to go. It sounds stupid but those were my pride and joy. Mother gooses first hatch and they all survived, I know 2 of them were destined for Christmas lunch but to be killed in this way I find really hard.
I'm just so cross because they were only just dead so if they'd been closed in at the regular time everything would be ok.
Hey ho I suppose that's just the way life goes sometimes. Rant over!!! Xx

bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Im so annoyed with myself!

Don't be too hard on yourself Mrs H, stuff like this happens to everyone - you were just unlucky to have gotent caught out, it's one of those things, although I am sure it can't have been very nice for you.
:hugish:
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Flo

I hope you think two or three times before you send the ferrets to another home. They were only doing what comes naturally. It's a very hard lesson to learn.

Next time you have evening visitors, take them on the rounds with you or just plain make the excuse of having to do the evening round. Tell the story of the great disaster when you didn't if you must or can. If friends can't accept that you have some priorities that can't wait, then they need some training don't they? :mrgreen:

It's not a disaster but a learning curve. :mrgreen:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I'm really sorry this has happened. I know how you feel as I lost a couple of bantams, that I'd raised from eggs, to foxes for the same reason. But it is natural. If it hadn't been the ferrets then it could have been something else. Keeping livestock can be heartbreaking at times so please just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and don't blame yourself.

Zoe

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Please don't be too hard on yourself, the ferret only did what comes naturally, it was no ones fault. :hugish:
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Even ferrets are edible :evil1: :evil1:

It's just one of those things, Mrs H. Don't beat yourself up - it not what you intended to happen.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)