Weight loss group 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Weight loss group 2012

well done Bob! keep up the good work :)

I, on the other hand, have no such good news to share :(

after a couple of weeks with small losses, I have put a pound on this week.
*blames the egg butties & chips at midnight after the pub quiz*

Will try to do better this week!

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

233lbs this morning... which is erm 16st 9lbs..

Can't remember the last weigh in I did - but I am off target but my focus is now to slowly drop it off so it stays off.

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sorry for hijacking thread, but I wanted to brag somewhere and here seemed like the best place. Lost 6kg so far, only 1 more to go til I'm within 'normal' weight range according to the BMI. Loving the so-called diet I'm on. Watched a documentary that was a reply to Super Size Me, called Fat Head. In it, he followed the diet of the chap who did Super Size Me, lost weight and improved his cholesterol. I'm not eating at McD's though. Just as many saturated fats, meats, fruit and veg as I like. No grains allowed.

Losing about 2kg a week on average and feel great (after the initial carb reduction symptoms). Although need to cut wine intake a bit.

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular

I put on 4lb this week.....

Still ate reasonably, alcohol content higher, but gardened instead of gym. Must try harder....
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

:(

Another pound on this week

result of an enjoyable Mothers Day lunch out

Will have to take myself in hand as there have definitely been more increases than decreases recently

prison break fan

I'm not getting anywhere! I have been here from the start last year and did lose a bit but have struggled ever since! I know I'm not hungry but why do I think I am? If it sounds as if I'm feeling sorry for myself, thats because I am! pbf.

cideristhefuture
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hello everyone, not posted on this topic before because I have only just started back on my 'healthy eating'.

I Previously lost more than half of my body weight, this took me 3 years. I'm posting now because I am back on track again and by this I mean I feel better about myself, have not felt like this for ages...but carrying a few extra pounds can do this.

I stopped smoking last november and have now lost (since start of Feb) 22lb. So back to What I was prior to stopping

Just to share what works for me.

Drink lots of cold water, if you are hungary have a drink first. Thirst and being hungary can be confusing, so have a drink and then if you are still hungary half an hour later eat a little.

I weigh myself once every 2 weeks. My weight loss appears to have a patten. Lose, lose, lose, gain,stay the same, lose stay the same, lose, lose and gain. Jumping on scales and not getting the result you want can set you back. Maybe the odd tear.

If you want 'crap' to eat have it, but try and change what you have, I still had/ have the odd takeaway but had a chicken kebab instead of a pizza, chicken tika with salad and not a curry in sauce with rice/ chips. Curly wurly and not a mars bar, french fries and not a 'regular' bag of crisps. Oh and if you sometimes lack will, send someone else out for it.

What works for me/ you does not work for everyone. Ice lollys for the odd snack, only fruit for breakfast and half my evening meal has to be veg is helping me at the moment.

Well done all, will keep you posted on my progress.

sammyh
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 0 0 0
longitude: 51 38 28

I was down at my ma's for mothering sunday and I wiegh 14. 6, 4 STONE more that my mum who is 24 years older and 2 inches taller!! So I would like to loose some pounds. I don'e like diets as I've lost in the past and then put back on more, over a time period, so want to loose really slowly just by by being less of a porker and excercising more.

:wave:
sam

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

hi everyone! :wave:

we just got the internet connected yesterday after about a month on not having it, felt like i was missing a limb or somthing :lol:

anyways we've restarted the buliding work on the house again, oooo its exciting! we'll be getting our soler pannels soon!
and we've been, or really my husbands been while i take care of the kids, plowing all the field with the tiller and starting to plant everything, and preforming some extream pruning in the orchard which has been left for too long to grow out of controle.
the weather has finally wormed up and summer har started :sunny: its been over 20 degrees the past week, lovley :iconbiggrin:

also this past week i seem to have gotten my motivation back, i think for fear of being hidiously fat in the summer when i cant cover up with layers of clothes. i had priviously put on 4 kg since we got back home taking me up to 64kg, but now i have managed to loose 2kg in about 10 days or so and iv not been starving myself :lol: although if i did i would loose it much quicker, but im breastfeeding so i dont want to restrict my calories too much incase it effects the quality of the milk......it is tempting though but i must resist for the sake of the baby :lol:
so iv just been cutting out sweet things, not making pancackes with chocolate spread every other day ect, and trying to stick to 2-3 meals a day without snacking on anything other then fruit. and im trying to keep myself busy, doing all the house work and taking the kids out the the park. im carrying my son in my moby wrap baby carrier instead of in a pram so i use more calories when im walking. although he is getting a bit heavy for it now that he weights over 10kg :lol: i might have to start putting him on my back instead, like the african women :iconbiggrin: then i can get working in the feild while he's on my back :lol:

so hi again to everyone, and hello new commers. well done for everyones losses and keep persavearing lets loose this weight for the summer so we all feel fantastic! :cheers: :flower:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've lost 2 inches! Haven't got any scales, and i can't bring myself to step on the public ones in case i start crying...
However, I am now wearing trousers 2" smaller than before :)
I've got another pair another 2" smaller that I want to get into before summer, so wish me luck!

demi

62kg this morning.

but i dont trust my scales. my digital ones need a new battery so im having to rely on the old one and the other day it told me i was 62 then i went to the toilet and it told me i was 64kg! which is impossible to put on 2 kg after going to the toilet! they lie!

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

cideristhefuture
Tom Good
Tom Good

Demi

I am just reading Michael Winners diet book, ok not all are a fan. He does say he weighs himself 3 times in the morning and the same thing happens to him as you have said.

Keep up the good work, we'll all get their. If he can do it so can we.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

just lost a 8kgs in 2 weeks not good
but have develope a introlance to dairy which has put a big stop to my bad eating habits
must find something to replace cheese
can not be loseing weight this quick
Darn that Wabbit

demi

ah i wish i would loose 8kg in 2 weeks! :lol:

have you tried switching to goats milk dairy products?
goats milk is most similar to human milk and thus less allergenic. most people with cow milk allergies do fine with goats milk. you can get goat butter, yogurt and cream in the supermarket now too.

buy goat milk, yogurt, butter and cream here:
http://www.sthelensfarm.co.uk/
they also sell in the supermarket.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

cheers for that i am just working my way though what i can and what i can not
try sheep milk cheese had the same reaction so goats is next on my list
Darn that Wabbit