Calling all Scots!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Calling all Scots!

demi wrote:imagine if you's used to know each other freaky
I doubt it very much Demi, I was there in 1962 and your dad would have been 6 :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular

Let us know how the weather goes, I'm off to Orkney a few weeks after you get back, fingers crossed for lovely weather for you and a fabby trip :iconbiggrin: :icon_smile:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

well in the space of a week we've gone from needing suncream and paddling pools to jumpers and rain jackets! Pack everything fron shorts to full waterproofs and you should be fine! Oh and is your van amphibious? :lol: A couple of years ago we had a summer break in Oban and had to ford a loch that had burst its banks in a Fiat Punto!

prison break fan

Hi all,back home safe and sound after the most amazing trip. I have always wanted to visit Scotland, now I wish I had done it years ago! What a place! The scenery, the cleanliness, the quiet, the lovely people, the good roads, beautiful verges, the beaches, I could go on and on! At home we live in a tiny village at the foot of the South Downs, and I thought we were isolated, now I realise how overcrowded and dirty and noisy West Sussex is! Our village is littered curtesy of a Macdonalds 10 miles away just time to finish your takeaway and throw it out the window! Plus we are under Gatwick flightpath.
We had wonderful weather, I went prepared for everything, but didn't need any wet weather gear. We had sunshine and showers but nothing much. My daughter even got a bit of a tan! The only bad day we had was when we went to Skye, and it was so cold and windy we couldn't get get out of the van, the locals were wearing tee shirts! Saw a red squirrell and a highland wedding complete with piper. I could go on and on but you know it already!
Maggie, lovely cup of tea, and cake as well! if you are ever my way?
We just missed the Olympic torch wherever we went! the last place we camped I left my coat in the ladies, got home after a horrendous journey on the motorways (11hrs) to find a phone message from the site owner to say she would post it on to me!
Had fish and chips in Ullapool and the fish fryer came from Worthing which is just a few miles from here, small world eh?
Anyway if you are still with me. thankyou Scotland.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Scotland is a beautiful place. Sounds like you were lucky with the weather! :sunny:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

gregorach

It's always good to hear positive stories from visitors. Do come back again! :iconbiggrin:
Cheers

Dunc

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Glad you had a good time - we've been having the best of the UK weather this year, thus far.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

prison break fan wrote: Maggie, lovely cup of tea, and cake as well! if you are ever my way?
Cake? You got CAKE????

On my way .....

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

prison break fan wrote: Had fish and chips in Ullapool and the fish fryer came from Worthing which is just a few miles from here, small world eh?
Anyway if you are still with me. thankyou Scotland.
I love the fish and chips in Ullapool - the one opposite the harbour (well, a bit along from the actual harbour, but almost next to the car park where they load the ferries).

Anyway, so glad you enjoyed Scotland - to me it beats all the rest of the places I have been. And next week (Wednesday), I set off with OH for two months in a campervan on the east coast - but we will visit Ullapool for the fish and chips at least once! We go for the walking - and the dancing mostly - and also to try to locate a piece of land (in the region of Inverness but not in the city) where we can build our own house. So on Wednesday we will be at Poolewe, at the village hall, at a ceilidh - our first of the season; then on Thursday we will be at Nairn, at the British legion hall, at another ceilidh; then Friday will see us at Fort Augustus, dancing the night away!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Sounds lovely, have a good holiday.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin