Having a sort out

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Having a sort out

I've been having a sort out of my craft stash as, even if I get my three score years plus ten, I don't know when I'm ever going to get around to using everything.

I've been chucking out, listing bits on a well known auction site and giving stuff away but have hardly made a dent as I keep putting stuff back! I've trashed my sewing room, made a pile of unfinished work with the net result that I've emptied one drawer and one cupboard shelf.

Amoungst the unfinished stuff I found an apron that's in beautiful muted check fabric that just needs hemming to finish. Trouble is, I tried it around my waist and it no longer fits! :shock: I guess it will make a crimbo gift for a (slim) friend.
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Having a sort out

Glad that I'm not the only one who has more "projects" craft wise to do and finish!
I am so pleased when I have a sort out and throw out a small bag of stuff.Trouble is in doing that I find what I had forgotten I had !!! :icon_smile:

Arbor
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Having a sort out

I enjoy making cards but I have so may cards already (without even using up my stash) that I would have to acquire another shed load of friends to use them all up. Either that I will have to live to be 120.

My new years resolution was to drastically cut my stash down but I haven't really made a dent. I have however almost stopped buying any more stuff to add to the pile but freebies from friends and family I just can't resist!

Good luck Marshlander with your mamoth sort out! :banghead: