Let’s have a list of New years resolutions & !revolutions! t

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Let’s have a list of New years resolutions & !revolution

My life needs a revolution rather than resolutions but haven't yet nailed what the revolution is going to be.

southeast-isher

demi wrote:I almost never drink alcohol but I need to really cut back on smoking weed, thats probably my biggest personal challenge.And for my OH too. But we're down to 3 a day just now so at least that's a start. Now if i could only go a whole day without that will be an achievement.
Since i discovered the Iolite vaporizer it changed my life... it's a much better way of taking it... i vape once a day. No hangovers like i got when i smoked it. And no withdrawel symptoms that i notice. I really do recommend it.

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

My resolution from last year worked out well, so I'm going to renew it this year...

I resolve not to make any New Years resolutions.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

@OJ ... I thought that was funny :lol:

@ The Twig ... Giving up plonk for charity? C'mon - drink the plonk (then you have a chance of doing anything at all with your polytunnel) and send the charity a book or two.

@ Demi ... At 8 stone, you're a wisp. Stop now before you disappear.

@ Skippy ... That girl can drink for England (and has, I'm told). (Joke, Twig ... joke).

Keith has the best idea.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

southeast-isher wrote:
demi wrote:I almost never drink alcohol but I need to really cut back on smoking weed, thats probably my biggest personal challenge.And for my OH too. But we're down to 3 a day just now so at least that's a start. Now if i could only go a whole day without that will be an achievement.
Since i discovered the Iolite vaporizer it changed my life... it's a much better way of taking it... i vape once a day. No hangovers like i got when i smoked it. And no withdrawel symptoms that i notice. I really do recommend it.

I've been looking at vaporizers because i really don't like smoking. We gave up cigarettes when i got pregnant and now i feel like i'v replaced the cigarettes with joints and im really worried about the effects on my health from smoking. I was reading reviews about them online and was reading something that says you shouldn't get plastic ones because they heat up and it releases toxic fumes from the plastic which you inhale. I'v read the wooden ones aren't good either. I'v not seen an affordable one with good reviews and i can't fork out 70 pounds for a good quality one. How much was the lolite? How is it to vape? Is it good quality?
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

southeast-isher

demi wrote:
southeast-isher wrote:

I've been looking at vaporizers because i really don't like smoking. We gave up cigarettes when i got pregnant and now i feel like i'v replaced the cigarettes with joints and im really worried about the effects on my health from smoking. I was reading reviews about them online and was reading something that says you shouldn't get plastic ones because they heat up and it releases toxic fumes from the plastic which you inhale. I'v read the wooden ones aren't good either. I'v not seen an affordable one with good reviews and i can't fork out 70 pounds for a good quality one. How much was the lolite? How is it to vape? Is it good quality?
Well you can get the Iolite for £107 off Amazon... then you use a can of Butane gas which costs a few quid and has lasted me about 8 months so far. There's no doubt about it vaping is the way to do it. I don't smoke it anymore. I had concerns about it before i started using it but now i rate it as so much healthier than smoking. Some of your concerns are addressed here i think:

http://www.iolite.com/iolite_faqs/

I worried about laying out over £100 on it... but it has saved me so much money and much much better for my health that now i'm thinking about buying a spare one.

edit: if you spend less than £100 on a vaporizer it's likely to be ineffective...

southeast-isher

btw, direct off their website they are £87 at the moment:

http://www.iolite.com/our-vaporizers/io ... black.html

sleepyowl

1) Get a new job
2) Register at my local doctors surgery
3) Sort out garden
4) Overhaul new veggie plot
5) Redecorate the house
6) Learn about more foreign forms of Paganism such as Rodoverism, Shenism & Maausk
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

demi

southeast-isher wrote: Well you can get the Iolite for £107 off Amazon... then you use a can of Butane gas which costs a few quid and has lasted me about 8 months so far. There's no doubt about it vaping is the way to do it. I don't smoke it anymore. I had concerns about it before i started using it but now i rate it as so much healthier than smoking. Some of your concerns are addressed here i think:

http://www.iolite.com/iolite_faqs/

I worried about laying out over £100 on it... but it has saved me so much money and much much better for my health that now i'm thinking about buying a spare one.

edit: if you spend less than £100 on a vaporizer it's likely to be ineffective...

Thank you for that. I'd love to have one but it's a bit pricey. Maybe i can save up for it. But my husband has just cut me off, well cut us both off. He hid the weed and i was pulling my hair out yesterday but feeling better today :lol: Yes but it has gotten out of control for us since we harvested the plants. He is right to hide it as i have no self control. :shock:

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

southeast-isher

Demi, i wish i could buy you an Iolite. They are worth the money and do actually save you money once you have it. I've been there with the hiding thing, it's no good - i don't need to do that with the Iolite.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. Get me and the dog safely back to the UK in one piece.
2. Go to the gym when it opens.
3. Keep up Tai Chi when it starts back up (too cold at the moment).
4. Stop smoking cigarettes (e-cig all the way...or hookah only).
5. Get a proper job.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

portion control. that is all.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Mrs Fibble .. your post gives a whole new meaning to the "giving someone a portion" image ha ha
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

demi

southeast-isher wrote:Demi, i wish i could buy you an Iolite. They are worth the money and do actually save you money once you have it. I've been there with the hiding thing, it's no good - i don't need to do that with the Iolite.
I just saw this post. I wish you could buy me one too :lol: But we are having a break just now and after the initial hair pulling i am feeling much better :iconbiggrin: